No idea where to post this, but I need help drastically.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Yeah so, after setting Construct 2 to run as admin (steam version) Steam would act like it was always open no matter what. I uninstalled Construct 2 and reinstalled it, it absolutely refused to even think about what functionality is like. It would give me the error "Failed to start Construct 2". Only one forum post about it was found, and it didn't even remotely help. Nothing I did fixed it, and it isn't running as admin anymore. I have a game to finish, and a good 100 people waiting. I'm not going to wait for Steam to stop acting like a child, I NEED to find a solution.

• You can get the latest free version from the C2 home page with no connection to STEAM and that should open your existing CAPX.

I uninstalled STEAM for that very reason as it tries to run all the time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When you uninstalled the Steam version of C2, did you clean up any possible folders it left behind before reinstalling?

• glerikud yes I did.

• is it possible to use the personal license bought from steam without opening it via steam? I mean, bought the personal version from steam and downloads the C2 from scirra site?

• is it possible to use the personal license bought from steam without opening it via steam? I mean, bought the personal version from steam and downloads the C2 from scirra site?

The license should be valid regardless of where you purchased C2. Look at the license and see if it says anything about STEAM.

If it doesn't and you don't want steam then download C2 from Scirra website and put your license in that folder.

I keep a backup copy of the license just in case.

I got my license a long time ago so I don't know if they have changed anything since then.

• Okay seriously, and I NEED a solution.

Edit: I resolved the issue by running as admin, however it says I'm using the free edition on steam, but it functions like the personal edition.

• That's good news. However I think you should fire a bug report about this issue.

No.

The license systems are maintained independantly.

If you bought a license from the Scirra store then the license only applies to the non-steam version of C2.

The same is true for those licenses bought via the steam system, i.e. the license is only valid for the steam version of C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)