New WebGL shader demo

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • Just a reminder - we still currently have WebGL disabled on mobile devices - C2 games will fall back to canvas 2D. This is because most mobile browsers which support WebGL that I've tried either crash or are slower than canvas 2D. Hopefully in the long term it can be enabled again, but mobile browsers need some work.

Have you tested on cocoonjs/appmobi direct canvas? How was the performance of the webgl shaders? ;]

• Sheepy - CocoonJS and directCanvas are based on the canvas 2D renderer, so they don't support WebGL either.

• Ashley

hopefully all works fine with the *.Exe-Exporter.

2 Hard weeks in front of us, one day feels like a year for me. But i think we all can wait for the Big R100..!!

KMag

• KMag The .exe exporter is based on Chrome, so these shaders should work well :D

• Soo, Mobile is still a no go. Let's go Chrome FF and Desktop then. There's no way, Mobile will only take off when WebGL get's full support. There's no wrapping magic to save us all. I say one more year at least to that happen at minimum. Hope i'm wrong.

• Here's a desktop executable of the Rain Demo using r100's Awesomium exporter:

Rain demo EXE

• Will r100 allow us to target the Mac also with .app exporting?

• niallobrien - not on the first release, but hopefully eventually.

• Ah damn. Thanks anyways. Unfortunately that means I'll probably have to stick with GameMaker: Studio for a while (I run Construct and GM:S via a VM on Mac).

Regarding other posts I've seen about Flash, you are aware that Flash now has full hardware accelerated 3D support? Unity3d have had their Flash exporter in beta for a while now and it's pretty sweet.

At the moment, I'm seeing nothing but problems for Construct in terms of deployment (mobile issues, desktop browser issues, various wrappers with their own issues, lack of platform specific integrations such as Steam API, iAds, Facebook & Twitter etc.) Linux deployment should also be placed on the roadmap. Most indie devs (non-hobby) aren't really interested in deploying to the browser. I doubt there's many here targeting Facebook to compete with the likes of Zynga etc.

Personally, I'd love to use something like Construct but with more programming possibilities (UnityScript does this very well).

But I know you guys are trying your best, so keep up the good work.

Niall.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The problem is that C2 relies completely on HTML5/WebGL. HTML5 still has a long way to go in terms of support so C2 multiplatform power , while very good in terms of reach, falls short in terms of effectiveness. Only thing we can do is wait for HTML5 to grow or leave for other engine. It'll depend on the situation. If you're really serious about making games for mobile mainly and possibly desktop and depending on the kind of game, unfortunatelly C2/HTML5 won't meet the expectations right now because of the state of HTML5. If you can leave mobile aside for now, then C2 is an awesome choice.

About the programming possibilities one of my programming dreams is making a Construct for programmers using only a scripting language instead of events but with all scene editing and easiness of C2. Right now there's no engine that offers that, Unity get's near but it's 3D oriented unfortunately.

• Production-ready mobile support should also be coming in r100, and Mac and Linux support should be coming pending support from Awesomium. We have Facebook integration and some limited ad support (on CocoonJS), and other things like the Steam API haven't been an option until we got our desktop exporter working, but we do intend to improve integration across all platforms in future.

• No SDK or Tool has it all!

C2 is good at making HTML5 games that run great on desktop browsers. That's the main reason why I bought C2, because I wanted the option to make browser games.

I don't expect HTML5 games to fair well on mobiles by today's standards. I use other SDKs to produce Native code on mobiles, and it would be very hard for HTML5 to beat that, at least for now.

HTML5 is great for doing mobile utilities and productivity applications though.

• Production-ready mobile support should also be coming in r100, and Mac and Linux support should be coming pending support from Awesomium. We have Facebook integration and some limited ad support (on CocoonJS), and other things like the Steam API haven't been an option until we got our desktop exporter working, but we do intend to improve integration across all platforms in future.

Really ? That's great to hear ! R100 is a huge leap for C2 then.

• Amazing demo. Though on Chrome it runs at 30fps and desktop at 15. No idea why. Any ideas?

• Here's a desktop executable of the Rain Demo using r100's Awesomium exporter:

Rain demo EXE

The effects are great. Water on the floor, ripples, swirl at the end. Looking forward to playing with it. Only thing I noticed was the exe was very slow, as the previous poster pointed out, but I'm sure that'll be sorted in time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)