New Image Editor problem

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hello Scirra!

I have a problem with new image editor, in one of a new releases you add a new thing that puts all animations in one single file, or a couple of files, thats pretty good, and making a project weight less, but, in early releases, if i had 2 or 20 same animation frames they are exported not as 20 png's, only 1 frame in 1 png exported and used in all duplicated frames, now if i had 20 same animation frames they are exported as 20 same frames in 1 png file. It dissapoints me, i have a game with 34 animations, every animation have 200 same frames in a different order, recently the game's weight was 10mb and it worked good, now it is greater than 70mb, and it use so much ram that my game doesnt launch, i cant publish my game to google play or appstore, i can't even play it, but i want to. I buy c2 to make this game, work about 6 months and now an option that i need most is no more available and everythings broke.

So, can anyone please help me with this? What should i do now? Install earlier c2 release or is there a possibility to disable this new function?

UPD: It was just a bug

Thanks!!!

• Oh yeah, now i cant even install earlier c2 where this thing is disabled. Ashley, please help me as soon as you got a minute.

• 6800 frames of animation? What are the dimensions of most of these frames?

I would be careful about trying to use the Construct 2 version where this thing didn't exist, iirc that was a while ago and there could be changes that would break your project if you tried to open your project in an old version. But you can try (Backup your project though!) by opening the .capproj with notepad or something (I forgot).

• 6800 frames of animation? What are the dimensions of most of these frames?

I would be careful about trying to use the Construct 2 version where this thing didn't exist, iirc that was a while ago and there could be changes that would break your project if you tried to open your project in an old version. But you can try (Backup your project though!) by opening the .capproj with notepad or something (I forgot).

Thanks for your answer, 500x200, 200 frames, others are just duplicated, it works good in r158.

Game will be buggy if i do so. I want to know what ashley can say about it, maybe in future, function to use 1 picture for lots of same frames will be added again, or maybe i can do something else to make it work. If it's not so, well, i'm gonna redid my game in r158.

• r168 I think was the same way that you're describing it. I have a back-up folder still for the project I'm working on atm that the backup is from r168 and the Sprites are the way you were talking about. r168 isn't that much younger than the current version, was the last Stable Release before r173 which is the current that is splitting up the animation frames as single images in their own folders.

• r168 I think was the same way that you're describing it. I have a back-up folder still for the project I'm working on atm that the backup is from r168 and the Sprites are the way you were talking about. r168 isn't that much younger than the current version, was the last Stable Release before r173 which is the current that is splitting up the animation frames as single images in their own folders.

r168 exports like that too.

I have a sprite with a frame with a tree, on export it looks like

[attachment=1:d98pd9r1][/attachment:d98pd9r1]

Now i just duplicate that tree 6 times, and now it looks like that

[attachment=0:d98pd9r1][/attachment:d98pd9r1]

Recently for all 6 tree frames exported only one tree picture, because they are same, now 6.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Image deduplication ought to remove identical images on export. If that's not working for some reason, please make a minimal repro .capx and post it to the bugs forum otherwise it will not be investigated. The most likely explanation is the images are not pixel-perfect identical and have small differences, or are different dimensions.

Instead of duplicating such an extreme number of frames, it sounds like it would be far better to just have one sprite with every frame once, and then manually use 'set animation frame' instead of re-arranging loads of different animations in C2.

• Image deduplication ought to remove identical images on export. If that's not working for some reason, please make a minimal repro .capx and post it to the bugs forum otherwise it will not be investigated. The most likely explanation is the images are not pixel-perfect identical and have small differences, or are different dimensions.

Instead of duplicating such an extreme number of frames, it sounds like it would be far better to just have one sprite with every frame once, and then manually use 'set animation frame' instead of re-arranging loads of different animations in C2.

Ultrathanks for your answer!

I just right-click-duplicate the frame 5 times in c2 image editor, so i think they are probably pixel-perfect identical, i don't edit the size or anything else. I post this problem to bugs forum.

Yeah, maybe i can do so, but animations are playing, just in a different order. Making the game with "set frame" option, will make my code over 9000 times greater than with just switching between same reordered animations, it's more comfortable. And it's just sounds sad that, i did the game - everything works good - c2 updated - nothings gonna work, because everythings changed.

• hi I would like it how it is possible to ask it how to get programed the videot that let him start. or by the time it is valo

• hi I would like it how it is possible to ask it how to get programed the videot that let him start. or by the time it is valo

I think you need to post this question here - How do I....?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)