New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • looks like someone is working on it, I'm about to try out this fix and see if it helps:

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-pl ... /4/commits

will update in a bit on if it works or not

• looks like someone is working on it, I'm about to try out this fix and see if it helps:

https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-pl ... /4/commits

will update in a bit on if it works or not

I haven't tried integrating google play game services yet but the hotfix https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-pl ... /4/commits (not yet applied to master branch) seems to work

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • firebelly - I agree that it's good and bad now that it's been given to give it to the community.

My fail comment was just because Ludei came out with a big positive blog and fanfare: "Today we’re releasing the new CocoonJS Plugin for Construct 2. WOOHOOO!!" After reading that I imagined that it might in fact work and not cause C2 to crash.... If the headline had read "we didn't really test it and, to be honest, we had better commercially driven things to be getting on with - so, there you go, good riddance to it / what a relief" then my expectations would have been better aligned with reality.

I do think that this will be good in the long run, though - but only if there's someone in the community who has the time, skill and inclination to get in their and tweak the plugin for the greater good. I would love to give it a go but I am useless at coding...

is this the problem

the plugin is not working so, maybe this problem: https://www.scirra.com/forum/bug-of-cocoonjs-v2-very-important_t101699?start=10 will not fix it?

I was very excited when I saw the news, but when I test the plugin... no comment... the good news is just "open source"

CocoonJS is a great potentiality, my game run fast with this and is easy to test the game... so, is possible to publish a perfect game for iphone if cooconJS working well... but... that problem...

• Ribis - the problem for me with the new plugin was that I could not run any C2 game in preview on my laptop in google chrome after I installed it following Ludei's instructions - it was nothing to do with whether or not the script was minified, unfortunately (unless I've missed another potential fix on reading that thread - I enjoyed the facepalm banter, though!). I've reverted back to the old plugin and everything is stable again...

I'm pleased and excited that some of the big guns are in on this already (@russpuppy). All hope is not yet lost!

• I still get the error with that hotfix, Unless I am missing something? I am saving the runtime.js and the capx and overwriting the older ones. But I will get the same javascript error =(

• apparently iOS game center code is available but sounds like they haven't added support for Google Play game services yet, but it's just a matter of someone adding the code to the repo https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-pl ... t-40892768

• hm... on github clearly say that they implemented both leaderboards, android and ios... no!?

April 14, 2014

Added support for Google Play Games / Game Center leaderboards & Achievements

• russpuppy i visit your site youve made a lot of games. all these games made with c2?

• spy84 some of them yes, some of them no (I use a few other game engines as well though Construct 2 is my favorite). Feel free to PM me if you have more questions so we don't hijack this thread

• Ribis - the problem for me with the new plugin was that I could not run any C2 game in preview on my laptop in google chrome after I installed it following Ludei's instructions - it was nothing to do with whether or not the script was minified, unfortunately (unless I've missed another potential fix on reading that thread - I enjoyed the facepalm banter, though!). I've reverted back to the old plugin and everything is stable again...

I'm pleased and excited that some of the big guns are in on this already (@russpuppy). All hope is not yet lost!

yes...

Actually, I spent 2 months to make my games for cocoonJS... and is working good...

I'm ready to invest some money to get a good plugin like cocoonJS!! I don't undestand why Ludei doesn't make a special subscription to use their plugin... it's so strange...

I think, a lot of person will pay a good money if the plugin is working good! construct2 is a perfect software to make a VERY good games in 2d, and cocconJS is a perfect "combo" to publish on iOS.... so, I don't really understand why they make everythings complex...

I will try the new plugin with the update tomorrow... if I understand is working for iOS.... but I prefer to pay something to get a good service...

• It's always worked fine for iOS (just no achievements support). The issue has always been getting google play services to work. I'll try to mess around with it this week as well.

• Installed the new plugin and opened up the example CAPX with no issues. Sure it doesn't run in preview mode, which kind of sucks. I'll try compiling and testing a project with it tonight or tomorrow. My flappy clone already has google play services, so it should be a quick test.

The big issue right now is the plugin is so different, I can't open up any projects that used Gamecenter events from the old plugin. Projects just containing CJS Ads seem to open up just fine.

Hopefully Ashley can add this new version to the next C2 up and fix the inconsistencies somehow. Otherwise, I'm going to keep the older version of the plugin on one computer so I can open up projects to remove the CJS stuff that is causing issues.

• The old version had a problem with In-app purchases, you can't restore purchases. It's fixed in the new version?

I was waiting this update for months!!

• Installed the new plugin and opened up the example CAPX with no issues. Sure it doesn't run in preview mode, which kind of sucks. I'll try compiling and testing a project with it tonight or tomorrow. My flappy clone already has google play services, so it should be a quick test.

You mean the "Lazy Rocket", right? I have it, and I'm really enjoying it, but I can't really find any Google Play Service integration in your app.

• ArcadEd Did you just take the files off the github? When I put the files into the relevant folders I get a javascript file error and the plugin doesn't load?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)