New CocoonJS Launcher App Released

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • I made some tests and instead of using Scale mode, using Letterbox or Letterbox integer scale boosts the FPS. My game went from 20FPS to 30FPS.

• Does the letterbox mode works for you nemo?

• Sheepy With the latest construct2 beta version it's working. I'm going to test more to see if this is the real reason for my FPS boost or did I change something else.

• Kyatric - CocoonJS (and directCanvas) support multi-touch even on Android 2.x, which is one of the nice things about them. (It is only the browser software in 2.x which does not support multitouch, the phone hardware supports it fine.)

Ashley : thanks for the clarification.

• Ashley

I tried the same game without minifying, and that worked. But as soon as I use minify I get the error with a black screen and the message I wrote before. It seems like it has something to do with the minifying script...

• The letterbox modes aren't supported in CocoonJS yet... I'd be surprised if they worked!

• I tested the iOS launcher (with my apple developper account) on ipad. I noticed 3 issues (I think they are...):

1- Centered text (Horizontal align = center) does not work. It shows aligned to left always.

2- Everything is very blurry. I tested a lot of combinations (if not all) in C2 project properties (fullscreen, webgl, sampling, rounding, etc....). It is impossible to get sharp picture and texts with cocoonJS on iOS. (tested on ipad 1 ipad 2 and new ipad (ipad 3). preview on iOs safari browser is OK, and exported to phonegap is OK too.

3- On iPad 3, retina screen "is not supported", i guess. I use 2x graphics and images in my project, and the project configured as 1024x768, and "Use iOS retina display" enabled in project properties, and scale (scale or letterbox scale). If i prevew in browser or export to phonegap, it works 100%, the scaled game (at 2048x1536 i guess) with retina graphics and texts are perfect, smooth edges and sharp image. with cocoonJS launcher it doesn't, graphics show sawtooth borders and blurry in general. I can confirm it is not scaled to 2048x1536 because with iOS browser and phonegap the loading progressbar is very small and launched in cocoonJS the progressbar is 2x larger.

Thanks!

• Another Question , What do I do after exporting to CocoonJs

Where do I find my game URL

Let's Say I exported my Capx to CocoonJs it made 1 runtime file and 1 folder with all my images , What I do next , Where do I put my Zip to open it on cocoonJs ( Surely , what I do after entering the Registration Code )

• Time to grab a cheap android phone...

Any ideas on which model should I get?!

• Another Question , What do I do after exporting to CocoonJs

Where do I find my game URL

Let's Say I exported my Capx to CocoonJs it made 1 runtime file and 1 folder with all my images , What I do next , Where do I put my Zip to open it on cocoonJs ( Surely , what I do after entering the Registration Code )

Hi, you can export your zip to your dropbox public folder, right click the file, go in dropbox > get public link and use this link into cocoonjs.

Another alternative would be copying the .zip file to your sd card root.

• - you should probably ask that in the off topic forum instead.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have a Motorola Defy and I simply love it. I use custom ROMs though, I'm using the latest CM10 right now (Android 4.1.1 jellybean). Works great.

• I was just wondering if you plan on releasing offline build options like Phonegap has so people could download the source from github etc and manually build projects rather doing it through the cloud?

This would be great to have available and if it happens i definitely think i will replace all my current Phonegap built projects with CocoonJS in the future as it seems great. :)

• Some test results in CocoonJS launcher demos.

Sony Ericcson Live!

(320x480, 1GHz MSM8255, Aderno 205, 512RAM, 2.3.4)

Multitouch: 4 fingers

Sprite test (Asteroid) 60FPS: 430 objects

Alcatel OT-995

(4808x800, 1GHz MSM8255, Aderno 205, 512RAM, 2.3.6)

Multitouch: 2 fingers

Sprite test (Asteroid) 60FPS: 650 objects

The multitouch is not a surprise, but the objects in the sprite test. The Live is equal to OT995, but have a smaller screen and a slower CPU.

Before the test I trought, that the smaller screen could make a lot less graphic processing, cause the Live have 60% less pixels. It was a big surpris that the speed of CocoonJS is not really depend on the screen size, but mostly on the CPU speed.

Do you have similar experiance?

• I'm getting a strange bug. Whenever I start up a demo, it only takes up about 1/4 of the screen, and has a very jagged FPS. In order to fix it, and to make it take up the whole screen I have to hit the home button and re-open the app.

I'm using a Droid X, ICS 4.04 ROM (CM9)

Any ideas? Could it be because of the rom?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)