New Android Export Experiences

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Thank you so much. I will try that when I get home.

• Just finished test on LG-F240L. I can see many things are improved. Now sounds are played out of speakers, not earpiece

Music is now fixed. It works properly at least for my game. However, sound is not fixed(You know, there're 2 folders in C2 project, one is "Music" and the other is "Sound"). Sound still ignores volume setting in the event sheet, and just played so loudly. Also, it cannot be controlled by the volume button of the device.

Tilt : OK. Touch : OK. Performance : OK.

Wow. I'm really eager to see the advance of the Crosswalk... things like adMob, Google Play Services, etc.

• Just finished test on LG-F240L. I can see many things are improved. Now sounds are played out of speakers, not earpiece

Music is now fixed. It works properly at least for my game. However, sound is not fixed(You know, there're 2 folders in C2 project, one is "Music" and the other is "Sound"). Sound still ignores volume setting in the event sheet, and just played so loudly. Also, it cannot be controlled by the volume button of the device.

Tilt : OK. Touch : OK. Performance : OK.

Wow. I'm really eager to see the advance of the Crosswalk... things like adMob, Google Play Services, etc.

Is that using the Canary build option? I just updated my own game, prior, it had the same sound issue, music is fine but sounds cannot be volume controlled. But I just rebuilt it using the latest beta Canary and everything works!!

• Thanks. I just tested with Beta version. The volume control of the sounds are fine, but there's a little lag before its playing(not on exact timing), and the game easily crashes.

• IntelRobert or anybody,

When I press the back button on my Android phone when I am in my Crosswalk-built app, I don't get the standard "Exit -> Are you sure you want to exit? [YES or NO] window. Instead, the app just closes.

Is there to add this exit window? I know with CocoonJS, you got this exit window by default.

• Just add conditions On Mobile Back Button Pressed > Show your exit box

On Touched ButtonYes > Close

• Just add conditions On Mobile Back Button Pressed > Show your exit box

On Touched ButtonYes > Close

Okay, yep, I see the XDK->On back button pressed, but I didn't see what to do after that. So, do you mean I have to create my own exit box window and close buttons? Or am I missing something obvious?

• Yes, I mean you have to do it your own exit box and use Browser plugin instead of XDK

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IntelRobert Ashley

Hi, I've encountered a bug and i am not sure if it is construct related or crosswalk related.

If i use more than 8 collision mask points on a sprite with physics and i export with asm.js i get a black screen on crosswalk,

running in preview on chrome works fine, switching to box2D with more than 8 points also works fine.

• - please report all bugs to the bugs forum following all the guidelines or they cannot be investigated.

• IntelRobert

Is there any place where we can watch upcoming updates/patches or additions that the Crosswalk team is doing now and in the future ?

stefanos: we're using the JIRA system for Crosswalk. Every bugs and features are tracked here in public.

You can customize your search filters to find all issues about Crosswalk on Android. I've created one for Crosswalk on Android. See:

crosswalk-project.org/jira/brow ... lter=10006

Oh, I can't paste the link. you can open crosswalk-project.org/jira and then click 'issues' -> 'Manage filters'->'popular'. then you'll find a filter called 'XWalk-Android'. That's used for tracking bugs and features for Crosswalk on Android.

• IntelRobert or anybody,

When I press the back button on my Android phone when I am in my Crosswalk-built app, I don't get the standard "Exit -> Are you sure you want to exit? [YES or NO] window. Instead, the app just closes.

Is there to add this exit window? I know with CocoonJS, you got this exit window by default.

good suggestion. I'm willing to add a default behavior. but I'm not sure all users are happy with that.

IntelRobert

• Thanks. I just tested with Beta version. The volume control of the sounds are fine, but there's a little lag before its playing(not on exact timing), and the game easily crashes.

shaircast: could I get the crash log via 'adb logcat' and which crosswalk version are you using? This can help us root cause them.

• - please report all bugs to the bugs forum following all the guidelines or they cannot be investigated.

ok i will, i didn't before because i was not sure if it's a bug with construct or crosswalk.

• > IntelRobert or anybody,

>

> When I press the back button on my Android phone when I am in my Crosswalk-built app, I don't get the standard "Exit -> Are you sure you want to exit? [YES or NO] window. Instead, the app just closes.

>

> Is there to add this exit window? I know with CocoonJS, you got this exit window by default.

>

good suggestion. I'm willing to add a default behavior. but I'm not sure all users are happy with that.

IntelRobert

I would be happy with that!!

Having it ask on exit via back button is such a common feature in games that it seems so weird to have it missing... auto quit on touching back could lead to lots of frustrating mistakes for users while they are playing!

Pause game, confirm exit, click yes to exit. No to resume would be the best.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)