Multiplayer Tutorial Help Thread

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Now that multiplayer is out in the wild (v164) hopefully we can all help each other with this new exciting realm to explore.

I'll start.

I've been unable to connect to myself when attempting to run the Chat room / Multiplayer game tutorial examples.

With the chat room I end up being the only one in the room, and get kicked after about 30 seconds of joining. Even if i join the server from multiple computers. Each computer ends up in a room by itself.

With the Multiplayer Game Tutorial I connect, and my sprite shows up for a split second. Then it dissapears.

The chat log says

Connected, logging in

Logged in with alias "justi (XB3I)

Joining Room...

Joined Room As Peer

Attemping to establish connection with host....

Kicked (either could not connect to host or host quit.)

Any solutions?

• "Attemping to establish connection with host...." Looks like the host can't accept connections. Try again later.

• My error seems to only occur while attempting to connect to the scirra multiplayer signalling server.

changing GAME_NAME to my own name works fine.

• i have the same error, me and my friend cannot connect to each other in the multiplayer example, it shows 2 peers connected by he cannot connect and he's kicked after some time. any ideas?

• need help Ashley

• joelbelo , are you testing it with Node-Webkit?

If yes, it is not working yet, since NW doesn't work with the Multiplayer plugin as of yet.

Anyway, a bit more information would be appreciated

• Conti
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • im just testing the multiplayer realtime example inside construct 2 and the peer cannot connect, i also change the names of the instance, game and room and still nothing..

• i already read the full tutorial and I still cant connect to my friend using the multiplayer examples.

i changed the game name the instance name and the room name.

for example, I am the host. he tries to connect and I see 2 peers connected, but in his pc it's appear attemping to establish connection and after some seconds he is kicked... are the scirra signalling server working? something is happening.. when he is trying to connect i see 2 peers connected and i send ou some bits but dont recieve any..

• Ashley

if you have some time can you update the Multiplayer tutorial with some tips of how to make the first screen a room list, just like those tests you did before with the numbers of players etc

other question: if lets say i want all the peers to have a menu screen that change things in each peer, like a weapon their characters are using, there is a way to make this menu associate with the peer/player without the need of putting it in the container and making it invisible to the other peers?

i'm asking this because i'v made a customization menu for each character/peer and it works fine, but it feels like i'm doing it the wrong way. each peer have their respective menu, they can see their own menu but not the others players menus but it still in the object count;

• i cant put the examples to work out of LAN, i need help with this, maybe a bug? Ashley

• We have exacly the same problem. I have tried with up to 6 friends. No luck.

I even tried it uploading the multiplayer game example on different web hosts/webhotels.

Something is not working, thats for sure.. But we havent got any information really.

• We have exacly the same problem. I have tried with up to 6 friends. No luck.

I even tried it uploading the multiplayer game example on different web hosts/webhotels.

Something is not working, thats for sure.. But we havent got any information really.

I'm not well-versed in server technology but I have this kind of problem before, I read things about WebRTC that if your ISP blocks/throttle your P2P connection, funny things can happen with TURN server (if you ever reach a public one), so most promising solution that was suggested to me is to use Google DNS in the client/host computer.

Google DNS seems to solve my kicked/unstable connection, but I'm not so sure if the problem has something to do with your firewall. ATM, try Google DNS to see whether it helps or not, otherwise, probably have to get answer from Ashley yourself.

• joelbelo "Its not a bug, Its a feature"

It first needs to connect to the server to find a peer. If it is in the same network, then it makes it a lan connection.

But 100% lan isnt possible.

Ashley said it's not needed because not enough people would use this feature (To make it 100% lan)

So yeah, short: It is not possible to use multiplayer without internet. Sadly.

• Conti
  • same here!!!! And even if I tested it by myself (single player), I cannot connect as a "HOST".... it always connects me as a peer although I'm the host!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)