Mouse vs Touch object

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hey guys!

Why use touch if mouse works on tablets/smartphones? Because with the Touch object I'm having a little delay

to execute the action... Mouse does not have this little delay. What is the difference between this two objects,

Can I use mouse normally to make smartphone games?

Thanks!

• The touch object provides multi touch support, as well as detection of double taps, touch speed, accelerometer access, etc. I'm not sure why you would be getting a delay with the touch object -- it might be helpful to mention if you actually tested on a phone, or just a desktop browser -- but you should stick with that if you're building a game around touch.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The touch object provides multi touch support, as well as detection of double taps, touch speed, accelerometer access, etc. I'm not sure why you would be getting a delay with the touch object -- it might be helpful to mention if you actually tested on a phone, or just a desktop browser -- but you should stick with that if you're building a game around touch.

Hey mate, thanks for the explaination!

Yeah... I've tested on my iPad but seems very unresponsive with the TOUCH object... I'm trying to make a flappy bird just for testing and if I tap the bird double time it just do the first jump... If I want a double jump I need to tap wait one second and tap again...

• Already fixed! Do not use "Gestures - on Tap". I'm using "On Any touch start" now and fixed my problem. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)