Mouse Object is Missing

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm working my way through the Beginner's Guide and a persistent problem is getting to me.

I cannot Add behaviours to the mouse. When I click the mouse in the layout view, I cannot add behaviours. When I search the manual they list all the behaviours one can add - but no instructions.

I finally decided to post this problem because now the Beginner's Guide shows the Mouse Object appearing in the Objects panel - which just isn't true.

I've done all the steps in order, carefully and have received no error messages. The game works and I know I've done it right.

The manual should state clearly 'how to add behaviours'.

Clicking on 'Help' doesn't help at all. There are no instructions. Just a list that states the obvious.

I'm halfway down Page 2.

I realise that in a few days of reading 'I might' learn why this action is so unintuitive/obstructive, but I've already given it 2 days and it's holding me back from learning now. Please help, it can't be this hard.

• I should mention: I want to hide the mouse cursor. But I also want to see the list of actions/behaviours as per the tutorial.

• Did you add the mouse object to your project?

• Yes, as per the instructions. And I've got to the point of adding the 'Every Tick, set angle' function.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have to add the mouse behaviors that you want through the event sheet after you add the mouse object to the project.

If you want to make the cursor invisible then do something like

At start of layout > Mouse Set Cursor Style None

• Once you add one of the global type behaviors, like mouse, they disappear from the list, because they can't be added twice.

Some behaviors have to be added for specific objects and will always show in the list. But Mouse, once added is available to all the event sheets and layouts.

Which means when you add an Event or action, the lists now have choices for the mouse added to the lists.

• Thanks for the explanation.

I've figured it out myself:

event sheet>mouse>cursor is over 'tiledbackground'>mouse>set cursor to>none.

It still doesn't explain why mouse object appears in tutorial screenshot and not in my project. Perhaps, like so many other things, it's a version issue.

• Just answered another of my own questions: it's the Object Expressions Window - which has a display bug and wasn't showing up before - it sort of stutters in and out of existence. Now it's all beginning to make sense, thanks me.

You're welcome.

• I know this is older, but I have my own question to this topic. I don't have the mouse object in the ''objects with expressions'' and downloaded another project with the mouse inside. I tried to drag'n'drop it to my project from ''projects'' on the right side, but it doesn't function. So how do I add it to my own project?

Edit: I see there is the mouse already on other 'new' projects. I haven't done much, so I can improvise and take my own saved objects just to a new project, where the mouse already exists, but it would be great if there still is another way to get the mouse to a project...

• TheUnk0wn

I know this is older, but I have my own question to this topic. I don't have the mouse object in the ''objects with expressions'' and downloaded another project with the mouse inside. I tried to drag'n'drop it to my project from ''projects'' on the right side, but it doesn't function. So how do I add it to my own project?

Edit: I see there is the mouse already on other 'new' projects. I haven't done much, so I can improvise and take my own saved objects just to a new project, where the mouse already exists, but it would be great if there still is another way to get the mouse to a project...

I really suggest you read the manual and do at least a couple of the beginner tutorials, as it seems you don't really understand how Construct 2 works.

If you can see the 'Mouse Object' in the top right hand side 'Projects' window then it is already part of the project, and can be accessed via the Event system.

If you have a specific problem with a particular .capx, then please start a new thread and post a link to the .capx with your problem.

You can bypass the posting restriction by inserting characters in the URL, i.e.

htt*p://*www.mysite.com/mygames.capx[/code:86e5g5wd]
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)