Most up to date way of making an APK

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • So I want to have an APK of KlangM ready for GDC, but intelXDK and cocoon are both giving me issues. Doesn't seem to work. This process of uploading my game to an external server for it to compile a build is rubbish imo. I am delighted to read that C3 will provide solutions for this (when btw?), but until then I'm wondering if anyone have any pro-tips about getting a working apk exported? Most tutorials I follow result in broken builds that either doesn't install or crashes on startup.

Thanks

• I haven't tried yet but I would like to hear from the veteran's on how its done successful for when I get to that stage.

• This is an eternal question. Even if you managed to answer this perfectly today, something could go wrong next update of either C2 or XDK.

Default way is to export project and leave it as it is in XDK then build file. Then when you you start considering monetizing options a 5 minute thing is stretched into 7 days of stress trying to see what went wrong in your build.

• You should give PhoneGap a try as well. Maybe it will work for your project.

• So I want to have an APK of KlangM ready for GDC, but intelXDK and cocoon are both giving me issues. Doesn't seem to work. This process of uploading my game to an external server for it to compile a build is rubbish imo. I am delighted to read that C3 will provide solutions for this (when btw?), but until then I'm wondering if anyone have any pro-tips about getting a working apk exported? Most tutorials I follow result in broken builds that either doesn't install or crashes on startup.

Thanks

What are the issues ur having with XDK? Which plugins are you using?

Youve probably done it already, but youve looked at the error log that XDK gives you? I was able to get to the bottom of a few problems with XDK by looking at the error log then Googling for whatever error presented. Most times people had posted about the same error either here or on the IntelXDK forums.

• In another post in C3 section this was mentioned but i havn't tried it.

> Most other game engines support spitting out a native APK that is not bundled with a web browser

>

Construct 2 already supports this as well. Just target Android 5.0+, and it won't bundle Crosswalk, which is what increases the file size. It's only there for Android 4.x support, which is steadily shrinking.

Targeting Android 5.0+ might solve some issues?

You can also try this tool from Google to make a webview app.

https://developer.chrome.com/multidevic ... ingstarted

• export as cordova + build apk with Intel XDK works works just fine.

Describe your problem in detail, otherwise a post like this is of no use for anyone

• This blog has a detailed instructions. I did all according to this and it worked nicely. Some troubles has been but they have mostly been intel xdk bugs or similar that have been fixed (although new ones have been told to arisen)

http://www.megagamestudios.com/blogpost ... -your-game

• glerikud Phonegap worked actually!

• I think that install this crosswalk runtime in the android devices solves many compatibility issues

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... lk+Project

• I gave up on using all available Admob plugins and have switched to Appodeal. I saw a tutorial that was only 10 months old and has received a lot of positive feedback.

Managed to build my APK using everything written in those pages but when I installed it no ads were being displayed. I got in touch with the Appodeal team and they said the existing WORKING plugin was old and had been replaced with a new one so I downloaded the new one and....Build Failed.

Moral of the story is doesn't matter how good current methods are. For all you know the next update would be released tomorrow 1 hour from now rendering the previous plugins obsolete. I've been trying to build a decent APK for 5 days now.

• "the power of web" rofl.

where 1 update breaks everything.

• I've been trying to build a decent APK for 5 days now.

I've developed apps on the android market. Not with C2 - since it is an HTML5 editor. C2 would be best suited for website gaming. My advice, pick up a book on android game development that has a nice game engine within the pages. Follow the book. And bam! You got an android game. I created my first one in under a week. Can C2 create android apps? Sure. Is it the proper tool? Who am I to say. But if your tired of trying, I suggest my advice.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know that install this crosswalk runtime in the android devices solves most of compatibility issues (caused by the various CSS and API's fragmented updates...)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... lk+Project

• that happens when you guys use crappy intelxdk and what not.

install visual studio, cordova tools and build there.

google some tutorials, it's easy

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)