More Car Behavior conditions request

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a police car chase game, fully documented in comments and video
  • First, let me preface this by acknowledging I do not fully understand just how the Car behavior works. So this request may come across as odd...

Right now, we only have two event checks: Is Moving and Compare Speed. But these do not help me much regarding the other mechanics of the behavior. I namely want to check for the moment the behavior engaged from a normal turn into a drift and is in a drift.

So...

--> On Drift Begin

Is Drifting

Compare Current Drift (again, I don't fully understand how the parameter works... Is this value constant or does the drift work up to this value while in a turn?)

...would all be exceptionally helpful event conditions.

Another couple of event checks that could be useful are

Is Accelerating

Is Decelerating

I realize there's a monumentally huge list of to-do tasks. So please know that I submit this just as a request. Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The drift is just the difference between the moving angle and the object angle, which are both accessible via expressions. I'm not sure 'is accelerating'/'is decelerating' are useful conditions to add, I think they map pretty straightforwardly to the user's controls and should be part of the game's logic (i.e. 'is accelerating' is the same as when the player is holding the accelerate control, and 'is decelerating' is more or less the opposite).

• Ashley - That makes sense.

So, when you say the difference between the object angle and the moving angle, if the object is facing 90*, the Drift Recovery is basically the rotation per second for the moving angle to equal the object angle at 90*? Correct?

• Yes, that's right.

• Ashley - AH! That makes sense! I think I can figure out how to isolate those values... We shall see anyway. LOL Thanks for your help.

(PS - Loved your podcast with the C2Podcast show. Thank you for making the time to do that. I'm looking forward to C3!!)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)