MIDI piano keyboard input in C2?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • I would like to create a game that uses my USB MIDI piano keyboard as an input device to control characters, objects and sounds.

Is this idea even possible in Construct 2? What external libraries or plugins would be helpful to use? Would I have to learn C++ to implement this idea?

Please help me.

Thank you very much.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Should be possible.

Requires some Javascript Magic though.

In theory, you could simply listen for every single key on that keyboard.

The thing that is currently unworkable though, is getting the browser to interface with any input device that isn't a keyboard or a mouse.

There's already a draft for MIDI support though (http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-webmidi-20121025/) and someone has already laid some groundwork for MIDI keyboard integration.

See here:

abumarkub.net/abublog

and here:

abumarkub.net/abublog

SO yea. No native support for MIDI keyboards yet, though this might change soon and then it really will be just a matter of implementing simple event listeners (if at all).

• That would be nice. You know I always wished I could bind game controls to my midi foot pedals. Would give such a competitive advantage in multiplayer.

• For the moment, the only hope is using a Java applet that send the signals to the Javascript code.

• I think it would be awesome to be able to integrate a midi keyboard into the system. My son is dabbling in electronics and is tossing around the idea. The possibilities are endless with that type of set up. You would be able to set up music tutorials, and create games based on notes and chords played. I would love to have an art program set up to accept regular commands from a midi keyboard.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)