Microsoft are asking: who is interested in Xbox?

0 favourites
  • I'm still getting errors in Visual Studio when I add the WinStore Plugin with the latest beta and cant update my app to see if I can enable "Xbox One" in devcenter.

Anyone else having problems with it?

I created a bug report for it (updated)

• Ok, time to test it again. I am updating Java, Visual Studio and installing the latest (beta) build of C2. I could not update my app for over a month and hope it works with the latest updates. :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've asked Microsoft numerous times about this but the best I could make of it is that right now it's impossible to have your C2 game on Xbox One. UWP for games apparently IS going to happen but right now there's no ETA. My game is done and I was hoping I could release it in January, but because of this I had to push it back and just hope that I'll be able to release it on Xbox One someday...

• As I said, I am enrolled in ID@Xbox, and the only problem is the lack of Live support.

This has been my experience as well in talking with MS. Achievements, Friend's list, etc. support is needed, and I would guess that some information needs to change hands among the right people at MS so it can make it's way to Scirra for that to happen.

• [quote:qlrvykcm]Unfortunately Construct2 is not compatible with Xbox One, and to my knowledge there are no plans for compatibility in the near future. You might be able to wait it out until Windows 10 compatibility has been completed, but this also may be a while. So sorry I don’t have better news L

I got this message today from my Microsoft contact which I've been working with for months. Really disappointing :/

• As someone else said in first replies:achievements, leaderboards and multiplayer are a must! plus we cant have online multiplayer without Cloud saving, maybe with this opportunity, there will be time to repolish the gamepad controller functions? so that it may act more like keyboard object instead of just guessing the input codes, to map the buttons? since xbox controllers is similar to other controllers, including generic PC ones,PS and other they all have around 6-8 buttons that are largely used , we all know they have the 4 important ones, X, triangle, circle and square, then comes the movement buttons or stick, and start /menu buttons, having input mapping to them wold be great(input mapping i mean, x was pressed triangle was pressed etc). the back buttons are important for combo moves in most console games, but they can still be mapped as well to a more simple way. i hope i got my suggestion understood, wold make C2 users more opened to make console games having a cleaner gamepad input plugin.

I can't wait to see if the XBOX Live plugin wold be supported i hope it gets enough interest so it gets approved.

P.S ...... im a bit hyped about this plugin, but.... is there a trick where you ask people for interest in it and only make it available for C3 and not the current C2?

P.P.S ---this is my quote for how much i want XBOX Plugin ... You kidding me ? im waiting this for years... and now its a chance to get it...im over ecstatic. I want it like "2 years ago"

• [quote:25budiru]Unfortunately Construct2 is not compatible with Xbox One, and to my knowledge there are no plans for compatibility in the near future. You might be able to wait it out until Windows 10 compatibility has been completed, but this also may be a while. So sorry I don’t have better news L

I got this message today from my Microsoft contact which I've been working with for months. Really disappointing :/

The question here is who is responsible for compatibility. And since it's Microsoft's platform, that falls on Scirra making their product compatible - though they'd need info from MS on what needs to be done. I think Ashley mentioned something along those lines in this thread awhile back.

• Yes please let us have access to Xbox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yes, 100%!!

• The question here is who is responsible for compatibility. And since it's Microsoft's platform, that falls on Scirra making their product compatible - though they'd need info from MS on what needs to be done. I think Ashley mentioned something along those lines in this thread awhile back.

Below is the rest of the conversation from today.

Unfortunately Construct2 is not compatible with Xbox One, and to my knowledge there are no plans for compatibility in the near future. You might be able to wait it out until Windows 10 compatibility has been completed, but this also may be a while. So sorry I don’t have better news

Thank you for the information. Is it because of the engine itself or just the lack of a plugin to handle xbox live features? Let's say they add plugins with your API to the engine. Would it then be possible to publish using construct 2?

Hi,

Unfortunately it is the construct 2 engine itself, so there is no workaround. So sorry I don’t have better news!

• > The question here is who is responsible for compatibility. And since it's Microsoft's platform, that falls on Scirra making their product compatible - though they'd need info from MS on what needs to be done. I think Ashley mentioned something along those lines in this thread awhile back.

>

Below is the rest of the conversation from today.

> Unfortunately Construct2 is not compatible with Xbox One, and to my knowledge there are no plans for compatibility in the near future. You might be able to wait it out until Windows 10 compatibility has been completed, but this also may be a while. So sorry I don’t have better news

>

> Thank you for the information. Is it because of the engine itself or just the lack of a plugin to handle xbox live features? Let's say they add plugins with your API to the engine. Would it then be possible to publish using construct 2?

>

> Hi,

>

> Unfortunately it is the construct 2 engine itself, so there is no workaround. So sorry I don’t have better news!

>

Couldn't hurt to hear what Ashley has to say about this. When I gave it a try a few months ago I had C2 running in a browser on the console just fine.

• digitalsoapbox Yes, same here. My game also runs on the Xbox One. Not only in a browser it installs and runs on the xbox. So I don't think that is the compability problem, I guess it has to have something to do with security or something on that line.

But as you said, we should wait for more info about this.

• Couldn't hurt to hear what Ashley has to say about this. When I gave it a try a few months ago I had C2 running in a browser on the console just fine.

You can also enable devmode in any console now and test your game. I think there's a tutorial somewhere in the forums but basically you export is as a Windows 10 UWP app, open it in Visual Studio and send it to the Xbox One.

I've tested my game and it ran great. It's too bad it's going to take so long for them to add UWP games support...

• >

> Couldn't hurt to hear what Ashley has to say about this. When I gave it a try a few months ago I had C2 running in a browser on the console just fine.

>

You can also enable devmode in any console now and test your game. I think there's a tutorial somewhere in the forums but basically you export is as a Windows 10 UWP app, open it in Visual Studio and send it to the Xbox One.

I've tested my game and it ran great. It's too bad it's going to take so long for them to add UWP games support...

Yep, same, but I didn't spend a ton of time w/ it outside of a test on the units I received from MS through the IDanf@XBox program. Photon multiplayer worked as well.

• digitalsoapbox and andreyin Exactly, I have dev kits from Microsoft and can install and run the game without any problems through xbox manager. But talked to Microsoft again now and they confirmed that construct2 games can run on xbox one but aren't allowed to be published on the store due to security reasons.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)