Microsoft are asking: who is interested in Xbox?

0 favourites
  • We need it

• Late to the party, but getting on one of the big new consoles should be a plus for anyone. Sure, Sony has the most popular console by a wide margin right now but that could change if the Scorpio machine blows the PS4 Pro out the water.

Wii U was a nice gesture, but you were kind of left to the wolves at that point plus the system is all but dead for some time so I wouldn't expect any benefit out of it anymore.

If I knew they were going to make the Xbox One into a dev kit, I never would of sold mine. I kind of wonder if you can do the same with the Slim model?

My only other concern is that while it's great that MS wants to let more indies create games, do Xbox players actually want them? Maybe I'm speaking past tense but many Xbox One owners locally and some online seem to stray away from indie games. PC is a totally different ecosystem.

• GG-Works

Even if you still had your Xbox One, you could only use it to test your game. To actually deploy it to MS you need to be in the idvwq@xbox group, but it's very simple to get into it. You just get in touch with MS and show them your game, if they approve it then you get access and then you can get a devkit, which is much much better than using a retail Xbox One in dev mode.

That being said, you still need to wait for a plugin by Ashley so you can use achievements and such, and so far no UWP games have been released on the Xbox One store (at least I'm not aware of any).

• Hi. Can someone give any tips how to enable my app for Xbox? When I export/publish as Win10 Universal and create the app package with the latest Visual Studio I still cant enable "Xbox One" in the dev center, only Win10 Desktop/Tablet and Win10 Phone.

Do I need to add a reference for a specific thing or what do I have to add to publish it for Xbox One?

PS: It would be nice to include things like background music in the Windows Plugin. And can any app run in docked mode or does this need extra settings and new code for the Windows plugin?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley sorry to keep asking but is there any news on this?

Thanks again for all your work!

• Nope, will let you know when MS get back to us.

• Bumbing this thread. I have heard that Microsoft are concerned about the security infrastructure of Construct. Any comment on that?

• Bumbing this thread. I have heard that Microsoft are concerned about the security infrastructure of Construct. Any comment on that?

Could you provide a link to your source please, I'm just curious.

Thanks!

I'm working with Microsoft for the release of my game and they haven't mentioned anything about being concerned about the security?

Citation needed - never heard any such concerns myself! If you point out anybody with any specific concerns, I could comment.

• Sony and Microsoft are heading more and more towards Indie Devs.

Since Construct2 is a great tool for designers (without programming skills), i think it's a great opportunity for Microsoft to get their hands on some very unique Indie Games.

And of course for us, to reach out to a much broader and great audience!

I would love to have access to:

Online Multiplayer

Achievements

Cloud Saving

• > Bumbing this thread. I have heard that Microsoft are concerned about the security infrastructure of Construct. Any comment on that?

>

I'm working with Microsoft for the release of my game and they haven't mentioned anything about being concerned about the security?

Me to, and when I mentioned I use Construct they said it isn't approved for Xbox One, with no plans to approve it. When I asked what the problem was they said:

"We have approval in place for middleware providers mostly to ensure that all partners are meeting security requirements on the Xbox platform. As you can imagine, security is of utmost important to Microsoft and all of our partners, and middleware that hasn’t built proper infrastructure to accommodate our security requirements can pose a significant threat to the platform, games and players."

• I also asked if Live features are mandatory, and the said "at a minimum you must support Rich Presence, Achievements, cloud saving".

• Okay, so a small update: I had a call with someone on the Xbox One team last week. Basically due to NDAs/legal issues they weren't able to say much, but:

• Microsoft are still working on this
    • they hope to have something ready in future (no idea when really)
    • they noted it is actually already possible to publish Construct 2 games to Xbox One, but it's difficult right now - this was news to me!

So you probably can publish Xbox One games already, if you sign up to ID@Xbox, it just sounds like it involves something pretty hacky. I am still clueless as to what they are actually working on though.

Xeeko - I have no idea what their security requirements are. If they told me what they needed, I would definitely consider doing it so we can support Xbox One. However given I have no idea what these requirements are, and that Microsoft appear to have made no effort to communicate to me what they are after repeatedly applying, *and* in the past they've more or less said they're actually just too busy, then I think saying "blah blah security blah" is just a way to put off the question for the time being...

• As I said, I am enrolled in ID@Xbox, and the only problem is the lack of Live support.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)