Mac nodewebkit broken due to massive input delay

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Just to chime in from a fairly new user perspective, I purchased C2 after spending a month or 2 with Gamemaker and realizing that once I get something solid created, I would have to pay a lot for a license to export to desired platforms.

I've really enjoyed my experience with C2 so far and how simple and easy it has been to recreate my project and expand it. Now reading this post, I feel slightly cheated on the fact that one of the main purposes of going with C2 is a pain point for many users.

I plan to keep with C2 since I've already made the investment, and hope that there is a solution in the future.

• I'm currently in a position where none of these problems affect me, but I do understand where everybody is coming from.

I think Construct 2 is an ace piece of kit, the event editor is the most comfortable thing I've ever used (minus 1 or 2 nitpicks but it may be my own lack of understanding), and honestly if money was an issue to boost Construct 2 development in simultaneous areas at the same time (Or PERHAPS an exporter, or maybe even just have a guy that can monitor critical bugs in exporters that get reported on the Scirra forums and they can be heavily on the case to the developers of the exporter) , then I'd totally back a crowdfunding strategy.

Still though, Scirra have had a job offer up for quite some time now. Who knows what that could bring! Perhaps Scirra could push that job offer out a bit more (Assuming they haven't yet). Or who knows, maybe Scirra have received many applications already but they just aren't up to snuff to be chosen.

It's shocking to see some people reacting this way. I totally understand why and it is definitely warrented, I have lurked daily for ages and have seen things kind of crumble a bit the more things get added (It's great to have things added, don't get me wrong, I guess the more features (esp plugins,exporters), the more work for Scirra to keep things stable), and users that were once ecstatic about Construct 2, are now being more firm and critical about the software. Iuno, kinda sad to see things going this way at this moment. I hope things brighten up soon >.<

tl;dr Do Kickstarter, offer flying monkeys for £1,000, watch the money pour in.

• I'd like to see a statement by Scirra on why they are unable to go into NW source code and create a C2-compatible version that fixes these bugs. Assuming they have the skills to do this, I see no reason why this is impossible.

• As Silverforce noted this Mac NW bug is only in the C2 beta builds, hopefully it'll be fine by the time we get to the stable one anyway.

• As Silverforce noted this Mac NW bug is only in the C2 beta builds, hopefully it'll be fine by the time we get to the stable one anyway.

Hopefully. It's a waiting game again.

Really disappointing if your livelihood depended on it.

• I'd like to see a statement by Scirra on why they are unable to go into NW source code and create a C2-compatible version that fixes these bugs. Assuming they have the skills to do this, I see no reason why this is impossible.

this is a good lead. Because NW is open source right? Or something changed?

Thanks for pointing that out. Makes me feel better about it since I missed that in the original complaint.

• Looks like it was fixed in the latest C2 update? Can anyone confirm?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks like it was fixed in the latest C2 update? Can anyone confirm?

Just saw that too! How often do the beta versions get pushed to the prod version?

• I'm downloading 177 to test..

Edit: IT WORKS!! Touch & Mouse input works fine AND my audio bug is no more.

Thank you Scirra & all here, I was worried it would take a long time waiting on something on NW's end.

• That change was originally made to try to work around 1-10 second long pauses that some users reported. Is that still an issue in r177 with node-webkit 0.10.2? Even if so it seems a less severe issue, since at least most of the time it's responsive.

• I never encountered the long pauses in my testing, and so far since the update, playing it I havent encountered any issue. It's smooth as silk, as it should be!

• I had freezing issues, but haven't tried new version yet. I will wait till stable will be released thought.

• [quote:2apdepxp]I had freezing issues, but haven't tried new version yet. I will wait till stable will be released thought.

I still have that. Guess i'm gonna stay on v 0.8.6 which you can get here https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit.

Don't know if much have improved since if any.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)