LOS blocked by object checked for LOS? What?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • and if the 'front' is set to solid ---> the event doesn't trigger. Seriously?

How do I fix this, this was supposed to be a vital mechanic (to be able to see walls, which are solids)

(or am I just doing it wrong?)

• and if the 'front' is set to solid ---> the event doesn't trigger. Seriously?

How do I fix this, this was supposed to be a vital mechanic (to be able to see walls, which are solids)

(or am I just doing it wrong?)

is not very clear what you trying to do

1-if you set the Line of sight settings (obstacles) to "solid" and you made the (Front object "solid") too then nothing will happen because you blocking the line of sight

2- Even if you remove the solid behavior from the (front object) and it works then the "Roof object" unless you have in a container you will destroy all the Roof objects

• roof object is just as a check; it has nothing to do with "front"

Basically, I am checking whether my Sprite has a LOS to "front", but if "front" is solid then it's not visible to my Sprite. Its like saying I can't see my computer because its not transparent.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, then just stick another sprite ( hide it under solids/walls layer ) which is not solid and check if your see that. That way you have solid walls and you can see them ( may have to have the visible sprite stick out a few pixels )

• Well, then just stick another sprite ( hide it under solids/walls layer ) which is not solid and check if your see that. That way you have solid walls and you can see them ( may have to have the visible sprite stick out a few pixels )

Thats a very good workaround, yet it's very strange how it's coded that way :/

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)