Looong Load Time FIX when using Node-Kit

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hey guys,

I am not sure where I should post this, since it is not a bug-reporting, but rather me posting a fix for an apparent "Chrome" bug that's been plaguing me for about half a year now.

For those of you experiencing Reeeeally long load times after working on your Node-Kit based projects for a while. You may be interested to know as I had just found out, that Chrome based technology has an intermittent bug (usually with Windows 7 it seems), where it stores a new copy of resources in your appdata files, instead of just using what is already there.

How this effected me, was that after a couple months of working on my Node-Kit project... it started taking a staggering 1 hour to load, and gaining.

After I found out about the bug, I wanted to see if I was effected. The size of my "C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\projectfoldername" folder was over 5.5Gigs! For whatever reason, it was full of over 5.5 million 1k cache files. It took almost 12 hours to delete... but after it was done, my project loaded lickity-split!

I just wanted to share that with you all. It is a rare bug it seems... but a project stopper for those of us on this system configuration, trying to develop EXE's.

-Jeff

EDIT: Grammer

• This issue was previously posted in the Bugs forum in December last year, along with the fix: https://www.scirra.com/forum/node-webkit-preview-takes-forever-to-load_p719975?#p719975

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Funny... I'm not sure why I didn't find that when searching. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)