Looking for advice on migrating from Andriod to iOS

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • Hi everyone,

I'm looking for advice and a bit of information affirmation. Recently we launched our first game for Andriod: Kitten Chaos. (Available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seapigstudios.kittenchaos&hl=en or search Kitten Chaos in the app store (If you check it out any feedback is really really appreciated in here, by PM, email )).

Having managed to get the game to a stability I'm pretty happy with, I'd like to get it on iOS too.

I've done quite a bit of research, but I'm finding it really hard to tell what information is current/what the best options right now are. With that in mind I have a few topics I hope people will be able to chip in on.

Exporting: I'm currently exporting with Intel XDK, and while I am aware it will work with iOS I have heard and read about various issues people have had - especially regarding performance/unexpected behaviors not present in the Android version.

a) Does anyone have any experience with exporting for iOS using Intel XDK (bonus points for including adverts as monetisation)!

b) Does anyone have any recommendations for other exporters for iOS (I used cocoon.js in the dim and distant past and I see there is now a cocoon.io which is touted in the documentation to be the best thing ever - does anyone have any experience with it)?

Monetisation: I'm currently using Appodeals reward videos for monetization. I have come across a few posts saying appodeal doesn't work with iOS - but I can't find anything in the Appodeal documentation confirming this.

a) Has anyone managed to get Appodeal to work on an Appstore published app?

b) If I need to change monetisation options, does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to stick with the reward video format - I think I'm aware of the most common options but what is everyone else using for iOS?

Thanks for reading everyone, any advice is really appreciated!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just giving this a bump so a few more people might see it, still looking for any advice on those questions! Please help?

• Hey everyone, just giving this another bump as I am still really looking for advice. Any help at all would be really appreciated!

• So here is an update just in case anyone is interested/can offer any advice.

Getting Kitten Chaos onto iOS has been an absolute nightmare so far. It appears that in its current form it is simply impossible.

The first thing I tried was just to go ahead and export via Cordova, to XDK, export from XDK to iOS and then into XCode. Depending on certain things this will run successfully, BUT no adverts. Appodeal doesn't appear to function at all under this process.

I then tried following guides and exporting to CocoonJS and Cocoon.io while still keeping in Appodeal ads. Neither of these exports will run on iOS with Appodeal included - black screen every time.

Finally I started looking at different advertising providers - but I am struggling to find one which offers video adverts to fit in with our current monetisation structure.

I'm at the tearing hair out point now...

Does anyone have any advice on getting video adverts from any source on iOS?? It would be really appreciated!

Thanks

• Hi everyone,

a) Has anyone managed to get Appodeal to work on an Appstore published app?

b) If I need to change monetisation options, does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to stick with the reward video format - I think I'm aware of the most common options but what is everyone else using for iOS?

Does anyone have any advice on getting video adverts from any source on iOS?? It would be really appreciated!

I am looking for solutions to these exact questions! I'm researching the same stuff, so Ill post if I have any success.

Would be great to hear from anyone publishing on iOS who has got ads into their games? Which networks you are using?

• I've just got the same roadblock, but I've only tried the Appodeal ads so far on Cocoon.io and XDK, I can build sucessfuly on both but no ads are showed!

• For Cocoon.io, have you tried checking their forums?

https://forums.cocoon.io/t/construct-2- ... reen/166/2

I also have a black screen problem and am about to try a few things they said in this thread.

• The version 2.0 of the Appodeal Construct plugin is working great now, I've published on ios and Google play stores without problems with Cocoon.io

• The version 2.0 of the Appodeal Construct plugin is working great now, I've published on ios and Google play stores without problems with Cocoon.io

Hey,

Did you managed to get Appodeal working using Cocoon Google Play services as well? Here it seens that there is a conflict.

• > The version 2.0 of the Appodeal Construct plugin is working great now, I've published on ios and Google play stores without problems with Cocoon.io

>

Hey,

Did you managed to get Appodeal working using Cocoon Google Play services as well? Here it seens that there is a conflict.

I don't have tested this combination, but you can try to contact the Appodeal support, they are very helpful.

• I don't have tested this combination, but you can try to contact the Appodeal support, they are very helpful.

Did you used other Google Play plugin? (like cramberry). Or you did not made any Google Play integration?

• > I don't have tested this combination, but you can try to contact the Appodeal support, they are very helpful.

>

Did you used other Google Play plugin? (like cramberry). Or you did not made any Google Play integration?

I already used Gplay integration in this game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... brainbugs2

Its still working good but I made this game last year and I don't remember which plugins I've used and I don't have access to the source files right now to confirm, but I think its the Cocoon.io Gplay services, not the cramberry.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)