List of should-eventually-be-implemented features

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • Yes, the javascript in Construct 2's HTML5 runtime can do anything it can on a webpage, like XMLHttpRequest. Also, HTML5 adds websockets which can do realtime server-client communication.

• Those are just a few examples. What I am suggesting is an IDE implemetation to Construct 2 to quickly and easily add mysql variables and php script. Just as it is easy to add a sprite and set js script events for it, Constrcut should just as easily set mysql variables and set php scripts to manipulate and work with them. (IMO )

droptank21: I'm not sure such an implementation would be easily manageable construct-style.

For a topic as delicate as mysql access (and as you seem to be pretty sensitive to hacking issues) I'm not sure such an "easy mysql object" would fit. To modify stuff on a mysql base requires users credentials for sure and must be dealt with carefuly.

As a developper I prefer to handle myself this server side, and not leave it to an automated construct-like object.

Anyway, what you required can already be achieved in actual Construct, but it require php knowledge.

Webservices calls (html requests) are already manageable via the Http request object and also via Python and the xmlrpclib (standard lib).

So basicaly have the php script (written in plain PHP code, not construct way though) on your server and "communicate" with it.

In the case of http request object, it is mainly accessing an url with parameters, destination script on the server is a "classic" php script.

Or you can use xmlrpclib (python scripting / official doc) for xmlrpc exchanges (with an xmlrpc api implemented on your server ("classic" xmlrpc lib is xmlrpc for php / more infos on xmlrpc)).

I've been working/playing with this lately (using joomla, elgg and wordpress as "servers") and once you have the hang of it, it works pretty well. Though you need to take time and dive into the documentation. And the php server side coding is an obligation (coding your own server application or plugins for already existing softwares like those I named).

So far I haven't encountered troubles with the Http object. (I must admit I mainly have been doing local testing though).

Hi Kyatric,

Sorry we didn't reply to your other thread! The great thing about HTML5 is it comes with websockets, and AJAX requests. Both of these features we plan to fully support with Construct 2, and aim to make it as easy as possible to make multiplayer games.

I did read your other post, and have been thinking about it. It's difficult to do, but it's something we are thinking about a lot. Node.JS would be a great candidate for Construct 2 built server applications.

With HTML and AJAX requests, it will be really really easy to make requests to servers with HTTP requests to execute certain SQL commands, and retrieve data. Websockets will be more functional for streaming/realtime data.

Tom

Tom & Ashley & Rich & all Construct Dev Staff: thank you for your answer guys, and once again awesome work in planning the future of construct. Sorry to have bumped the question earlier, but as I'm getting more and more serious with using construct in a professional way (construct 0.x as well as C2 in the (soon) future) I needed some clarification.

Thanks for giving it.

I haven't looked much into javascript yet, but I'm confident you will find a way to nail application server in C2. Also good choice on implementing http request as well as websockets.

Once again I'm confident you'll do a great job. Thanks and keep up the awesome work.

• Sprite and Animation Editor. nuff said.

• Sprite and Animation Editor. nuff said.

Isn't that coming in the next build? This topic is for features that weren't originally in C1.

• What I would like is an addition to the Animation Tab: the order of the animations in the list (assuming it'll look the same in C2 as it did in C1) should also serve as a sort of priority hierarchy, meaning that an animation can never interrupt one above it. I think it's fair to say that getting animations to play when they should is one of the major obstacles to new users, and this would simplify it a bit.

• Oh, in that case. Support for sprite sheet and a non broken onion skin. (Darts eyes at MMF)

• Maybe it's been said, but support for html within apps would be great, so we can put html links inside.

And dunno if its possible but transparent background for app, so you can see the background of the website if specified, but that's secondary feature.

• Maybe it's been said, but support for html within apps would be great, so we can put html links inside.

I disagree about HTML within apps, but I would very much like a way to navigate to a different page within the app, so people could click something to go to another page.

And dunno if its possible but transparent background for app, so you can see the background of the website if specified, but that's secondary feature.

I would definitely like a transparent background. Is that even possible? Also, is it possible to overlay an html5 game over other webpage elements?

• > Maybe it's been said, but support for html within apps would be great, so we can put html links inside.

>

I disagree about HTML within apps, but I would very much like a way to navigate to a different page within the app, so people could click something to go to another page.

> And dunno if its possible but transparent background for app, so you can see the background of the website if specified, but that's secondary feature.

>

I would definitely like a transparent background. Is that even possible? Also, is it possible to overlay an html5 game over other webpage elements?

1@ that's cool too, thought to do so you need either static or generated html link ^^'

2@ yeah, you can give z-index to any absolutely positioned object. So i'm guesing it might work. thought with html input and button i'm not sure weater it's possible to not have background. As far as i know you can set opacity to those. I'll be doing tests soon anyway so i can let you know if it does work or not. But i think with js it should be possible.

• I would definitely like a transparent background. Is that even possible? Also, is it possible to overlay an html5 game over other webpage elements?

Yes, you can have a transparent background, I just need to add an option for it. You can overlay the canvas over other web page elements, you just need to set up the web page yourself so the canvas is positioned over something else in the page (just a bit of CSS).

• here's the code yo can take example of. This one will have an object, in this case anchor above canvas element.

<!-- by megatronx -->
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>title here</title>
    <style type="text/css">
    body{
    		/* THE IMPORTANT PART*/
    	width: 700px;
    	margin: 0 auto;
    }
    div{
    	display: inline-block;
    	margin: 0 auto;
    	position: relative;

}
    canvas {
    		/* THE IMPORTANT PART*/
    	display: inline-block;
    	position: absolute;
    	left: 0;
    	top: 0;
    	z-index: 100;
    	margin: auto;
    	padding: 0;
    		/* DECORATIVE */
    		border: 6px solid black;
    		border-radius: 10px;
    		-moz-border-radius: 10px; 
    		-webkit-border-radius: 10px; 
    		-moz-box-shadow: 0 6px 6px rgb(0,0,0,0.5);
    		-webkit-box-shadow: 0 6px 6px rgb(0,0,0,0.5);
    		-o-box-shadow: 0 6px 6px rgb(0,0,0,0.5);
    		box-shadow: 0 6px 6px rgb(0,0,0,0.5);
    }
    a{
    		/* THE IMPORTANT PART*/
    	position: absolute;
    	left: 0;
    	top: 226px;
    	z-index: 200;
    	diplay: block;
    	width: 652px;
    		/* DECORATIVE */
    	text-align: center;
    	font-size: 14px;
    	line-height: 28px;
    	color: white;
    	background: red;
    		-moz-border-radius: 10px; 
    		-webkit-border-radius: 10px; 
    		border-radius: 10px; 
    		-moz-box-shadow: 0 6px 6px rgb(0,0,0,1);
    		-webkit-box-shadow: 0 6px 6px rgb(0,0,0,1);
    		-o-box-shadow: 0 6px 6px rgb(0,0,0,1);
    		box-shadow: 0 6px 6px rgb(0,0,0,1);

-webkit-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out;
    		-moz-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out;
    		-o-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out;
    		transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out;
    }
    a:hover{
    	text-decoration: none;
    	background: green;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>

<div>
          <canvas width="640" height="480" id=""></canvas>
          <a href="http://www.scirra.com/forum/" title="Construct">Scirra. com</a>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/code:3mo2k61e]

edit@ for some reason shadow of a link is white...

edit2@

> I would definitely like a transparent background. Is that even possible? Also, is it possible to overlay an html5 game over other webpage elements?

>

Yes, you can have a transparent background, I just need to add an option for it. You can overlay the canvas over other web page elements, you just need to set up the web page yourself so the canvas is positioned over something else in the page (just a bit of CSS).

What about some html implementation for links? Surly it's poss to implement this with js. I had even a thought of makeing a plugin like that, but unfortunetely I'm not good at programing ( i did tried many times to learn ), at least atm.

• Had an idea the other day for a 'polygon' object - although maybe its already in Construct 1 and I never figured out how to use it? But yeah. A texture stretched between 4 given coordinates.

I'm with you on the HTML. I could've sworn there was an example posted for C.0x where someone posted a way to make clickable links... I infact recall doing the example myself and it worked great.

Personally, I'd like greater HTML and webpage type functionality for no other reason than being able to create ad-supported games with more robust ads.

• Had an idea the other day for a 'polygon' object - although maybe its already in Construct 1 and I never figured out how to use it? But yeah. A texture stretched between 4 given coordinates.

on c1, make a sprite,

on start of layout Set DistortMap Size to 1,1

then in any event to reshape it, do either set absolute or set relative distortion at

or 1,1

for topleft, topright, bottomleft, or bottomright, respectively

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Maybe it's been said, but support for html within apps would be great, so we can put html links inside.

>

> And dunno if its possible but transparent background for app, so you can see the background of the website if specified, but that's secondary feature.

>

I'm with you on the HTML. I could've sworn there was an example posted for C.0x where someone posted a way to make clickable links... I infact recall doing the example myself and it worked great.

Personally, I'd like greater HTML and webpage type functionality for no other reason than being able to create ad-supported games with more robust ads.

Javascript --> HTML links

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)