0 Favourites

Latest NW.js bug warning

• Hello,

I have noticed that the latest version (v0.14.5) of NW.js for Construct 2 released on 19th of May had bugs regarding the gamepad.

The project on which I was working with NW.js v0.13.2 was working fine and since I have installed v0.14.5 the gamepad wasn't working anymore, so I went for the v0.14 which seems alright.

scirra.com/nwjs

Cheers

• Which controller or controller/driver combination do you use?

• I just tried it and gamepad input seems to be working fine for me in NW.js 0.14.5, at least on Windows.

• I am using an Xbox 360 controller on Windows 8.1

Maybe then it comes from the fact that my project was created before the patch ? I have tried to create a brand new project and test my controller on NW.js v0.14.5 and it works, but still doesn't work with my project. When I use v0.14 it works though. Maybe I am wrong and it comes from somewhere else, but it definitely seems correlated.

• My game was made in NW.js 0.10 and the gamepad plugin works just fine on the latest version.

Having a lot of different NW installs on the same PC could be causing that. I had some bugs before because of that. You could try a clean reinstall of C2 and the latest NW.js...

• That's interesting.

However I don't think that is the reason because I find myself in that situation after having done a reset of my PC. I had a technical problem and I removed everything and reinstalled. But I didn't clear everything from my secondary hard drive where my project is. Although I guess NW.js was installed on the master HD so I think there musn't be any conflicts with previous NW.js installation. I actually recall having this issue just after reinstalling brand new Construct 2 and NW.js ... I will still try to reinstall though.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, now I know there must be something wrong on my PC or in my project.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you ever find out what it was, it would be cool to know.

We've had some problems in the past, and players might run into the same thing.

• Sure, I will let you know if I figure it out.

• That's interesting.

However I don't think that is the reason because I find myself in that situation after having done a reset of my PC. I had a technical problem and I removed everything and reinstalled. But I didn't clear everything from my secondary hard drive where my project is. Although I guess NW.js was installed on the master HD so I think there musn't be any conflicts with previous NW.js installation. I actually recall having this issue just after reinstalling brand new Construct 2 and NW.js ... I will still try to reinstall though.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, now I know there must be something wrong on my PC or in my project.

Maybe it could be the way you've setup the events for the gamepad? A few revisions ago C2 updated a few things regarding events, like the OR syntax..

We could take a look if you want to share.

• Hey andreyin

Thanks for the help... but I don't feel very comfortable with the idea of sharing my whole project : (

I tried to reproduce the bug in another scene but I can't do it. I will wait for the next NW.js update and see how it goes.

• Hey andreyin

Thanks for the help... but I don't feel very comfortable with the idea of sharing my whole project : (

I tried to reproduce the bug in another scene but I can't do it. I will wait for the next NW.js update and see how it goes.

I meant taking a screenshot of the exact block where you made the input events. I think that in your case it could be related to them.

It's fine if you don't want to share though, no problem!

• Yea it would make sense considering that it does that only with my project, but I am only using the events that way :

On Gamepad 0 button A pressed then blablabla

or sometimes

Is Gamepad 0 button A down then blablabla

Also, I don't think it would come from events because my controller events are all spread over the "master" event sheet, and none are responding anymore when I launch the project with this specific version of NW.js. Even not when I create the most simplest thing to test it. Just looks like it is not recognized anymore.

If later on I see that it really does create compatibility issues after the export then I will share the project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)