Keep losing work ... but, an autosave after Run/Debug Layout

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Hi,

I keep loosing works when C2 crashes (from time to time, with some kind of resource not available message). Essentially, I am loosing the work between the time a last autosave happens and i manually save the file again.

At the same time I often Run or Debug Layouts to test what i do. Best, if there is an option to have the game saved everything i run or debug the layout. It will take a bit time to save, but then i know that i will not loose any work which is much more frustrating.

thanks,

Dan

• I think the fastest way would be learn to use the keyboard shortcuts.

example with you want to use debug and save

Press Ctrl + F5 Debug current layout then Ctrl + S to Save project

ps to F4 Preview project from first layout

here is a link to the manual about more shortcuts https://www.scirra.com/manual/64/keyboard-shortcuts

• Thanks. I will try to get that engrained in me to always press both ... but best if C2 would just have an option to always save after launching the layout (and also after an export)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think the fastest way would be learn to use the keyboard shortcuts.

example with you want to use debug and save

Press Ctrl + F5 Debug current layout then Ctrl + S to Save project

Don't you mean Ctrl-S then Ctrl-F5? I also think a 'save before run' might be good.

grossd have you got autosave set to the smallest time period? Anyway an external auto backup would be your best bet.

• codah I was telling him to to start running to layout first as he said it can take a while to save. but yeah ether works

• codah I was telling him to to start running to layout first as he said it can take a while to save. but yeah ether works

oh ok . Because run then save won't work for me as when I run it switches to Chrome, so I'd have to switch back first. Then back again... too much work.

• Autobackup, etc.

Yes. I have them all set. But, the drawback of them is that they stop my work every couple of minutes. Autosave during launch would be more convenient

• Autobackup, etc.

Yes. I have them all set. But, the drawback of them is that they stop my work every couple of minutes. Autosave during launch would be more convenient

Yea I have the same issue. I'm looking into different backup software myself, to do things silently in the background. If anyone has any suggestions..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)