Javascript Error - "col undefined"

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Javascript Error!

InvalidStateError

localhost/preview.js, line 3495 (col undefined)

This either a bug in Construct 2 or a problem in a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer!

Anyone got that message before? How do I fix it?

• Have you tried Firefox, Chrome and IE? Does the same problem happen in all of them?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley - for Google Chrome and IE I get a similar error message:

Chrome:

Javascript Error!

Uncaught TypeError: Converting circular structure to JSON

localhost/preview.js, line 3839 (col undefined)

This is either a bug in Construct 2 or a problem in a third party plugin or behaviour - please report it to the developer!

IE:

Javascript Error!

Circular reference in value argument not supported

localhost/preview.js, line 3839 (col 3)

This is either a bug in Construct 2 or a problem in a third party plugin or behaviour - please report it to the developer!

• Sounds like a bug - please post a report to the bugs forum following all the guidelines.

• Hello there, I am having the same problems. Please help.

• SamFreeman

This thread is getting on for 4 years old!

Please follow Ashley's advice and post in the Construct 2 'Bugs' section, ensuring you follow ALL of the Bug Report requirements.

• have done buddy. Haven't got a reply.

• SamFreeman

As it says in the Bug Report Requirements:

[quote:2gmuv87t]Why haven't you responded to my bug report yet?

We do look at every report, but developer and release schedules mean we may not get round to it immediately. Please allow a few weeks for it to be investigated. If you are waiting, you can improve the chance it is resolved when a developer does get round to it by carefully reviewing these guidelines and providing as much useful information about the problem as possible. If you are missing anything, you may end up waiting a few weeks for a reply simply asking for the missing information, and then you're waiting again.

Due to all that Scirra are currently doing - server, C3, etc - it may take a little longer than usual to get an adequate response from Ashley, unfortunately.

The good thing about creating a proper bug report is that other users can get involved and may find the solution, so keep monitoring and feel free to bump after a couple of days if no response has been forthcoming.

• no worries, thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)