I've asked a lot of newbie questions here, and....

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Every single time the result is that I just wasn't looking hard enough in C2.

Example, I needed a 2d array but never clicked on the array object type b/c I just assumed it was 1d only

I needed to go to a layout via string, I asked how, but never realized there was a "go to layout by name" option right next to "go to layout"

I just wanted to get that off my chest. The C2 IDE really ecompasses a lot of stuff.

• *Pat on your shoulder. A lot of people have been through that lol.

I think you've reach the point which you want/need to make the manual as your "go to first" dictionary

• Reading the manual could give you informations, it won t tell you the practical use of every action and condition, but it will describe most stuffs, then if you have a question, you may have a small clue or memory that may help.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/126/system-expressions this page for example is useful when you need some maths expressions or system values.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Instead of only making a go to frame action that uses a drop down list what about a extra one using a text box say for example I want to input go to frame: stage +1

So I can have it go from frame stage 1 to frame stage 2 while being in the level map? Seems handy and helpful right guys...

• Also this page is useful https://www.scirra.com/manual/78/expressions

[quote:2ngkf30h]Instead of only making a go to frame action that uses a drop down list what about a extra one using a text box say for example I want to input go to frame: stage +1

So I can have it go from frame stage 1 to frame stage 2 while being in the level map? Seems handy and helpful right guys...

Yes! Well there is also go to next/previous layout. You can also for example have waypoint object that has Instance variable go to and you could just set something like when collision with waypoint go to layout variable "go to". Personally I don't like those drop down menus. You can usually make a lot neater events using other methods when possible.

• I've always thought "Easy to learn, hard to master" applied to C2.

I really admire more visually appealing approaches to complex operations and I wish more programs did the same.

• I find myself wishing for the same. It almost makes me feel silly for spending so much of my life at a linux console. This really simplifies logic. My only hang up is the way objects have to be selected. I'm assuming what you'd call C2 is a state machine, and it's definitely a different approach than I'm used to, but I'm quickly learning.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)