Is there any way to tell what is being loaded?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Basically I'm in this situation where I can't preview anything, but my game works fine when I export. When I'm previewing, the % loading text starts grey for half a second and then turns red, indicating a problem, and then it continues to load while red until it reaches 63% and stops. This happened on NW first, but didn't happen on Chrome, then it started happening on Chrome. I have no way of figuring out what is causing this loading issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had this issue, if it's the same one then it's about total amount of files in your project, after about 2000 files you will start getting the red bar (changes from browser to browser), sometimes refreshing while loading helps.

The reason it works after export is that all your animations goes on sprite-sheets and the file count drops dramatically.

• I had this issue, if it's the same one then it's about total amount of files in your project, after about 2000 files you will start getting the red bar (changes from browser to browser), sometimes refreshing while loading helps.

The reason it works after export is that all your animations goes on sprite-sheets and the file count drops dramatically.

Thanks for the response. So do I just have to export now every time I want to preview?

• I had to do some nasty tricks, like delete a lot of animations or frames for the development process, then import them again when I needed to export, if you have a lot of audio file, that would be much easier to remove and add later, some new big features I would make in a separated capx and when it's finished I would marge it.

Basically my conclusion was (this goes for mostly big projects), don't import a lot of asset before you got most of the code done, use mostly 1 frame to set up pose preview, animations names, collision, hot-spots and related code.

An option to import animations from another object (with all settings) would have make this much easier to maintain, you could have a capx that holds the full object, then you can drop it as a new one and transfer all the animation, unfortunately there is no built in option for this, you can do it by manually editing the caproj file and replacing the object.

• I had to do some nasty tricks, like delete a lot of animations or frames for the development process, then import them again when I needed to export, if you have a lot of audio file, that would be much easier to remove and add later, some new big features I would make in a separated capx and when it's finished I would marge it.

Basically my conclusion was (this goes for mostly big projects), don't import a lot of asset before you got most of the code done, use mostly 1 frame to set up pose preview, animations names, collision, hot-spots and related code.

An option to import animations from another object (with all settings) would have make this much easier to maintain, you could have a capx that holds the full object, then you can drop it as a new one and transfer all the animation, unfortunately there is no built in option for this, you can do it by manually editing the caproj file and replacing the object.

Cool, thanks for the advice.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)