Is Layout canvas size?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • I had some performance issues with CocoonJS so I asked them on the forums for some assist.

"Ok, we've tried your zip on two devices.

First, on a Nexus7 with Android 4.2.1 it runs at 60fps at all times. Perfect.

Then, on a NexusOne with Android 2.3.6 things are a bit more interesting.

During the game itself, it runs at about 20fps, which is more or less OK for this device (using screencanvas would get you about 30-40 fps here, but Construct doesn't support that yet).

However, during the menu it's indeed freezing. The fps counter says it's 1-2 fps, but the image is completely frozen. Our guess is you're doing something that breaks the hardware in some way.

Maybe you're creating a really big canvas (over the max 2048 texture size) or something?"

Well I had no textures above 960 being the side panel scroll bars. However my layout is extraordinary large at a width of 9600. My assumption is that the layout is virtual space. So I'm asking. Is the layout canvas size or do I need to look elsewhere

• (using screencanvas would get you about 30-40 fps here, but Construct doesn't support that yet).

I'm really curious about screencanvas performance since its announcement, I hope to see C2 support it in the next releases.

Well I had no textures above 960 being the side panel scroll bars. However my layout is extraordinary large at a width of 9600. My assumption is that the layout is virtual space. So I'm asking. Is the layout canvas size or do I need to look elsewhere

You have to look elsewhere... Layout size and canvas size are two different things, the biggest layout of my current project is 30000x2000 and runs quite good.

• Are you using any plugins? If you happen to be using r0j0hounds canvas plugin you need to disable WebGL. Otherwise on anything larger than around 800x600 you'll start to see your fps drop by half.

• Yeah. I didn't think layout size had anything to do with it, but I thought I would double check anyways.

No, there are no plugins in the game. WebGL is off. And the largest image is 960,640. I double checked all my assets. Large, but the only place I use that image the game runs at 30fps anyways. So i'm at a loss..

I'm going to manually re-recreat a new intro and see if that does anything to improve what's going on :( and try screencanvas thing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The layout area does not use any memory. You can have a ridiculously huge layout area and it should not use any more memory than a layout the size of the screen.

The window area should not affect it either, since it will always create a texture the size of the screen. It just affects how it's scaled.

My best guess is the older device is running out of texture memory; ask Ludei when they plan to support VRAM management.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)