Is a Community C Exporter Legal?

Zebbi, wow...

Man... You probably shouldn't have told me that, I might not even take time to make a C exporter now, might just make a Fusion exporter.

Welp, I trust what folks say but it's sooo interesting to see how it goes! Who knows, maybe against all odds this exporter's gonna be a godsend! I'm always all hands for new stuff!

I have to echo something of what saiyadjin said: Why do it?

C3 is coming-along sometime soon, which makes a C2-compatible exporter somewhat irrelevant in the coming months and years.

Personally, I'd look at doing a converter from HTML5 to SDL for native execution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Zebbi, wow...

Man... You probably shouldn't have told me that, I might not even take time to make a C exporter now, might just make a Fusion exporter.

I think new Fusion 3 will be running the games as close to C as it can get (instead of currently how it just embeds the runtime), so there shouldnt be any need when it comes out for additional exporters, C2 would on the hand benefit from some way of running the games similarly.

Zebbi I meant I'd make an exporter to Fusion from C2, allowing C2 to take advantage of Fusion exporters.

As for everyone else replying to this thread, I'm not going to be answering anymore. My answers for your questions are as follows

Q. Why do it?

A. Because I can. It's good for my portfolio, and it's just for fun. I'm not making any promises, don't expect anything of it. I came here with a simple question, that question has been answered.

Q. Why, when C3 is coming out, would you make a C2 exporter?

A. I highly doubt that the XML project file structure will change much. It's incredibly unlikely, because the current project file structure is very solid and useful. I said that in my original post.

Q. Why would you waste your time if you don't see it going anywhere?

A. If you're going to sit here and tell me you don't have hobbies, you're lying through your teeth. Maybe you game in your free time. I program in mine.

Q. How would this make a good portfolio piece?

A. Because, it requires a complete rewrite of the Javascript engine powering Construct 2. That's a big feat, not one I will ever say I can accomplish, but one that would definitely look good on a resume, because it's essentially the same as writing one's game engine, the difference being that Construct 2 is the interface, and one I did not make.

Q. --

A. I've probably already answered your question. Read. -.-

Anyways, I've asked to get this thread removed because I'm done answering questions right now.

Stop trolling, seriously... Because you are either trolling or you don't know what you are talking about ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)