ipage hosting problem?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi, I bought a hosting plan to ipage.com and uploaded my first html5 game there using construct 2. But the game doesn't shows up. There's only a black screen. Anyone also got a problem like this to your hosting?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you configured your site for the correct mime types? I believe there is either a section in the manual or a tutorial on hosting your game on your own site...

• The mime types were mainly for getting sound to work, but black screen usually means it stopped with a java error. Probably not recognizing the filetype.

Do you have a "webconfig" file in your root directory?

here is a clip of the start of mine, it has a bunch of other junk in it you wouldn't need.

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<staticContent>

<mimeMap fileExtension=".ogg" mimeType="audio/ogg" />

??<mimeMap fileExtension=".m4a" mimeType="audio/mp4" />

</staticContent>

If you don't have access to one, ask your provider about adding a couple mime types, they may have to do it for you.

Here is a tutorial page:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/655/tips-on-publishing-html5-games-to-the-web#h2a3

edit:

you might go ahead and stick:

<mimeMap fileExtension=".webapp" mimeType="application/x-web-app-manifest+json" />

under the audio types, if you ever submit to Firefox marketplace, it needs that one.

• My website I think is not configured about this mime types. Thank you guys! I'll get back as soon as I corrected this errors!

• Their support fixed the problem. They added the mime type and configured the htaccess. Thank you guys!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)