iOS 8.1 BETA is out, fix for the WKWebView bug?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • ELI5 that for me since I don't quite understand.

Does that mean Apple will integrate their fix soon?

• You can try to call Apple...

• ELI5 that for me since I don't quite understand.

Does that mean Apple will integrate their fix soon?

No, it means that guys from Apache Cordova are going to integrate the workaround for the WKWebView bug and other bugs in cordova-ios 4.0. That means that we can use WKWebView with Phonegap (Adobe's cordova) or with Intel XDK when they release it. But i don't know when they release this new cordova, they got new version every 3-4 months, so maybe in june?

• Oh dear. June is too far away for our release date. I guess I'd have to find a way to package the app in less than 200mb for CocoonJS (it's about 800 right now)

• Oh dear. June is too far away for our release date. I guess I'd have to find a way to package the app in less than 200mb for CocoonJS (it's about 800 right now)

Sorry, your app size is more than 200mb? How you gonna distribute it? Apple rejects apps if .ipa is more than 100mb, google applies only no more than 50mb apk's.

• Sisyphus, I've played 1.2gb apps on the iphone

But eventually I will compress the size on the iphone version, budget here there etc.

• Sisyphus, I've played 1.2gb apps on the iphone

But eventually I will compress the size on the iphone version, budget here there etc.

Well i know that there's apps larger than 100mb, but all assets are not packed in a single executable in them, as i understand c2 can't export like executable+bundle, c2 exports only executable and everything is inside this executable. Here's page 77 of the iTunes Connect Developer Guide from February 12, 2015

[quote:2ibf6r9s]iOS App binary files can be as large as 4 GB, but each executable file (app_name.app/app_name) must not exceed 60 MB. Additionally, the total uncompressed size of the app must be less than 4 billion bytes. However, consider download times when determining your app’s size. Minimize the file’s size as much as possible, keeping in mind that there is a 100 MB limit for over-the-air downloads.

I don't know, maybe my understanding of how c2 exports work or of apple's rules is wrong, i just didn't saw any c2 apps larger than 50mb.

• I published a more than 50mb app on iTunes already So it has to work. But more than that, I don't know. What I know is that I can crunch it up and make it about 70% smaller.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sisyphus i think your thinking about google play where you cant have apps more then 50MB without expansion files. C2 has no size limit

• Sisyphus i think your thinking about google play where you cant have apps more then 50MB without expansion files. C2 has no size limit

Nope, in my post above there's a rule from itunes connect developer guide that says that executable file must be less than 60mb, but if damjancd published bigger games, it looks like all exporters are not packing everything into executable. So the limit for ios is 4gb.

• Oh but I used CocoonJS. In fact, I used the nonpro version. Which used to have a limit on uploads, but I'm not absolutely certain what that limit was

• Hey guys, more news about cordova-ios 4.0.0 and wkwebview, official release dates (April 2015) and more LINK

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)