iOS 7 is going to break everything

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
The ultimate voice pack filled with 1,536 files of .......wav and mp3 of individual numbers, letters, and words (that go
  • html5gamedevs.com/topic/1436-ios7-is-going-to-break-your-games/page-1

mobilexweb.com/blog/safari-ios7-html5-problems-apis-review

I wonder if anyone at scirra is already aware of problems that are going to be introduced.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My app I added from Safari as a webapp was the only thing that ran out of the box.

New icon to boot.

• it's only about webapps,

am I right?

• Ashley , iOS7 got rid of the fullscreen API, the original script generated through c2 is not longer compatible when hiding the address bar.

Have looked for various solutions and it seems that the only option so far is to save the page to home button to play the games properly. Any suggestions on a fix for this issue?

Many thanks...

• It's difficult to see how this can be fixed, even if you can add some user interaction such as swiping up to hide the address and bottom tool bar, as soon as anyone touches the bottom of the screen they'll pop right back again.

This is also a problem for mobile sites with navigation or banner ads at the bottom of the screen. It looks like we'll have to design everything to fit in a 640 x 744 (320 x 372) area to accommodate iPhone 4S with iOS 7 users now.

I saw some people on other forums saying Apple it trying to force people to make Apps for the App Store. Initially I thought that sounded like a crazy conspiracy theory, but the more I think about it the more I think it might be true.

(* I just had to quickly redesign several layouts for a "gamified" mobile advertising campaign, so I'm feeling pretty sore about the whole iOS 7 thing!)

• My iPod touch 4 doesn't get iOS 7 update, but iPhone 4 does, so blame apple.

Let me look if my mac comes iOS 7 in Xcode to simulate.

• I saw some people on other forums saying Apple it trying to force people to make Apps for the App Store. Initially I thought that sounded like a crazy conspiracy theory, but the more I think about it the more I think it might be true.I would not be surprised. This is pretty much the reason they would not support Flash in the first place, so people buy apps instead of playing free flash games. Now that HTML5 is getting bigger, they are trying to do the same. But they can't just say "we don't support HTML5 anymore". So they try to discourage people from using it by surely not improving HTML5 support, and who knows, maybe making it even worse.

I would not call it a conspiracy, but they are surely not making HTML5 a priority.

• Ipad 3 runs fine, no weirdness with bars, well no real issues anyways.

The bar does act strange sometimes, but I think that may be a bug.

• I just read about these potential problems as well and am quite concerned as I'd like to keep my games web-based for the time-being, while still targeting iOS users as a portion of my visitor base.

I'd really like to learn more, especially from those of you who understand the implications much better than I, about how to circumvent the issues if possible. Quite frankly, this whole situation is making me pretty nervous.

Many thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge.

• It would be great to have anyone at scirra comment on this.

Do I need to link this thread on twitter?

Right now I think it isnt fixable, and all js devs have to live with those problems, but once solution is made, Im wondernig if its going to be a priority or all other milestones comes first?

On a bright note ios7 is causing quite a rage in developers communities because it breaks everything on iphone :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)