0 Favourites

Invalid graphics card

• Hello Construct developers,

<DIV> </DIV>

<DIV>I am trying Construct 2 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE.</DIV>

<DIV>Construct Classic is working fine on an EeePC but with C2 I get the following error when trying to create a Sprite:</DIV>

<DIV> </DIV>

<DIV>"Your graphics card does not support render to texture. The picture editor cannot run on this system. Please upgrade your graphics card."</DIV>

<DIV> </DIV>

<DIV>I thought Construct would become less hardware dependent?</DIV>

<DIV>What are the  hardware requirements for running C2?</DIV>

<DIV> </DIV>

<DIV>Sincerely,</DIV>

<DIV>Andre Klein Kranenbarg</DIV>

<DIV> </DIV>

<DIV> </DIV>

• Hi Kranena,<div>

</div><div>Right now, the picture editor needs a graphics card that supports OpenGL framebuffer objects.  I thought support would be better than it is, but I might be able to come up with a workaround at some point.</div><div>

</div><div>What's your graphics card?  You can find out in the about screen.  I guess for that model it's an Intel GMA 950.  If you can find updated drivers for it, that might fix it.  Try this link:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics</div><div>

</div><div>If that doesn't fix it, I might have to make changes in a future release... let me know if it works.</div>

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • <p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; widows: 2; orphans: 2">

<font color="#000000"><font face="Times New Roman">Hello Ashley,</font></font></p>

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; widows: 2; orphans: 2">There is something wrong with account management, I: needed to create a new account (akk in this case).</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; widows: 2; orphans: 2">About my problem,  I went to the

Intel site as you said and could download an driver update after I figured out

that the download site does not support Google Chrome that well.</p>

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; widows: 2; orphans: 2">In spite of the

driver update (<span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; font-size: small; ">Intel Mobile </span><span ="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; line-height: 15px; font-size: small; "><em style="font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; ">945GME Express)</span>, C2 does not work on my netbook. My C2 adventure

on my notebook stops here for the moment. </p>

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; widows: 2; orphans: 2">I will try my

laptop.</p>

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; widows: 2; orphans: 2">Thanks for the

support.</p>

<p style="margin-bottom: 0cm; widows: 2; orphans: 2">/<font face="Times New Roman"><span style="font-style: normal"><span style="font-weight: normal">Andre</span></span></font></p>

• Ergh, I hate Intel graphics chipsets... they never work.  Their documentation claims to support the necessary feature but I guess it just does not work (maybe they were making it up).  I'll look in to workarounds.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)