Informations about the appmanifest generated by the C2

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • My client have problems to upload the app manifest file generated by the C2 because the restrictions of some service (and I don't know why). What is the relevance of this file and if I really need it and, if yes, for what? If not, can I delete it? what I will loose if I do this? Thanks in advance for any information about this file.

• Edit: NVM, appcache is not appmanifest.

Apparently it contains informations about the icons for the game as a web application.

Again, might depends on the server configuration/MIME type.

• Edit: NVM, appcache is not appmanifest.

Apparently it contains informations about the icons for the game as a web application.

Again, might depends on the server configuration/MIME type.

Thanks for answering.

But this file (appmanifest) is important? Can I delete it or remove any line in the code that request this file?

• Ashley,

Could you please help me with this issue? I just need to know if I can delete this file or if it is necessary for a web project.

Thanks in advance.

• RBuster

Kyatric has yet given you an answer for what the file is used:

[quote:vvslgrx6]Apparently it contains informations about the icons for the game as a web application.

Or again different:

The appmanifest-file manage the handling of Web Apps. Want to run a game on a website the file is not normally necessary. A web app(lication) is not the same as website with your game ...

Even in the case that you can not upload the file Kyatric has also give a answere ...

For more information:

https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/

Where now is still your problem?

You could try it without the file, or not?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • BillAlex

This is a typical strange behaviour (specially for a new guy on this forum). Are you nervous or something happened to you that justify your bad attitude? Are you someone important or a frequent user using a fake profile to be rude? Someone requires/demands you to answer this post and you feel bothered? I think in these situations, we should lock ourselves in the room until the anger or frustration go away and only then try to be (really) useful.

Anyway, despiste of your hatred, now I understood what Kyatric said above. So, whoever you really are, thanks and have a nice day.

• RBuster I don't see any hatred or rudeness in BillAlex's comment.

Possibly someone whose main language is not English and has made a few English mistakes in their post (I do too), but nothing outrageous or directly intended to be rude or unhelpful.

Moreover you state it yourself, the answer helped you fill in the blanks, so in the end, there was no need for your tirade about rudeness and hatred.

• The app manifest basically contains metadata that allows the browser to treat the game like an app. It contains information like the title, icons and orientation lock. Right now browsers mainly use it on mobile for the "Add to homescreen" feature to create an app icon, but it might be extended to be more app-like in future. It is entirely optional so you can remove it, but then browsers will treat it more like a web page and less like an app.

I don't know why this feature would ever be a problem. The app manifest is an ordinary json file and all the server needs to do is send it like any other file and it will work. I can't offer more advice without knowing exactly why this is a problem for your client.

• Thank you for all the informations, ASHLEY.

My client found some issue with this file in the Microsoft Share Point server (v10). I will pass these informations to my client that have to decide what's better to do (remove this file or not).

• Ashley

I have talked with my client and he said that the Share Point 10 is not OOB friendly with HTML5 and the JS file is not loading. Do you know anything about this issue and if is possible to fix it? Thanks.

• No idea. So long as the server can serve static files with the right MIME types it should work. I guess Sharepoint can't even do that?

• As far as I know, the problem happens in the 2010 version.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)