I screwed up...

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • So I usually build in the latest stable release, and thats what I started my latest project in.

but... I wanted to test the external image editor feature in the latest's beta and downloaded the release, opened my project and was playing around and continued to work on my project in the beta version.

I got some weird error about memory... got scared and closed the project. went back to the stable release, only to find that now I can not work on my project because it was saved in the beta version.

I understand the reason for this feature, but at the same time going from beta back to the nearest stable should not be a problem if all the plugins in the project exist in both releases, and theres no new stuff added into the project.

I havent added any thing that was not already there.... just a few sprites.

I know I can go back to the beta and continue.. but im not excited about build in beta with the bugs that pop up. I have two weeks invested in this project and dont want to loose it.

• You can change the version number manually in the caproj file to back to the stable version, but back up first!

Also you should have autosave on. I have it set to 20 min and so I can only lose at most 20 min work.

• so, your saying download the stable version and change the number to make it think its the beta version??

• You can change the version number manually in the caproj file to back to the stable version, but back up first!

Also you should have autosave on. I have it set to 20 min and so I can only lose at most 20 min work.

so, your saying download the stable version and change the number to make it think its the beta version??

• You want to go from beta back to stable, so currently it should have the beta version, so you should change it to the stable version # if I'm understanding correctly. Then yes reinstall stable and it should load. Providing you haven't used any new features, and as always, it's at your own risk

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You want to go from beta back to stable, so currently it should have the beta version, so you should change it to the stable version # if I'm understanding correctly. Then yes reinstall stable and it should load. Providing you haven't used any new features, and as always, it's at your own risk

cool, thats genius .. thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)