How to find out more about the Wii U exporter

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi everyone,

Just a post to address the questions about the Wii U exporter that have been asked lately.

Unfortunately due to NDAs, we cannot answer questions about the specifics of the exporter. However, you can find out for yourself by registering as a developer here:

https://wiiu-developers.nintendo.com/signup/

Registration is free. Once registered you will be able to see the full specifications, development kit costs, and make use of the support channels. You will not be obligated to make any games and can then decide whether it's something you want to pursue further.

Ashley

• I registered the first day this was made available.

I have not been contacted by Nintendo.

I have not, and can not see any specifications at this time.

Anybody been contacted by Nintendo yet ? Or seen those specs ?

• lennaert

Please take into consideration that the response to enter this program has been incredible and it may take them some time to contact you. I applied in March 2013 and got accepted in September 2013. It shouldn't take that long now that the program is in full swing but please consider they look at each application by hand. Rest assured they will get to you when your turn comes around.

-Mike

• lennaert

Please take into consideration that the response to enter this program has been incredible and it may take them some time to contact you. I applied in March 2013 and got accepted in September 2013. It shouldn't take that long now that the program is in full swing but please consider they look at each application by hand. Rest assured they will get to you when your turn comes around.

-Mike

Out of curiousity, why did you register last march ?

I was under the impression this co-op between cs2 and nintendo was only since recent.

• lennaert

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. The C2/Nintendo relationship is a new one yes, but the Web Framework program in general for Wii U was announced last March during GDC 2013. I originally intended to code the games myself but then came across this excellent piece of software that cuts down on the development time and expense.

-Mike

• lennaert

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. The C2/Nintendo relationship is a new one yes, but the Web Framework program in general for Wii U was announced last March during GDC 2013. I originally intended to code the games myself but then came across this excellent piece of software that cuts down on the development time and expense.

-Mike

Hehe, cool :D thanks

I am guessing you are one of few who got access already then.

I hope they speed up that acceptance system (or refusals for that matter)

• I registered this once time and I got an email.. they couldn't review my registration due to geographic situations, a staff told me they are trying to fix it and let me know... never happened.

There a shared information:

"Nintendo is not currently able to authorize you for Wii U development, due to reasons related to your geographic location. We are working to resolve these issues, but we currently do not have an Estimated Completion Date. If this situation changes, we will notify you via email.

We're truly sorry for the disappointment that this news may cause."

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Joannesalfa

what is your location?

after what time you get any response?

• szymek

April 29th , 2013

Mexico

I believe Nintendo probably feel that any contract that they could force on you wouldn't be binding and it's not worth their trouble dealing with the laws in your region.

They may require a good (but bigger) publisher will have offices in many territories and an existing relationship with Nintendo.

Even the "developers" aren't considered as publishers.

Nintendo will feel much more comfortable in dealing with them.

More like it's a deal with the devil but it may be necessary.

• Joannesalfa

Send me some information about the projects you are working on. Maybe I could act as publisher to get your content on the eShop since you can't develop/publish yourself.

Contact information is bossguyxji@rcmadiax.com

Thanks!

-Mike

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)