How to detect mobile device?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A futuristic device, can be used as radarscreen, optionscreen, infodisplay, research device, ...
  • I want to know how to detect mobile device?I found a post about this,it said that I can use the function 'Is On Mobile Device' in the object Browser.But I can't see this condition in Browser.Anyone can help me?Thank you so much.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should take a look at the Browser object's platform expression:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/110/browser

• who told you [/code:xkav2m74] the expression is on browser object?
    (rephrased : what post told you that 

KKdenis ?)[/p] [/p] the expression "Is on mobile device" or "is on platform " and u select the platform from the dropdown menu its found in the [url=https://www.scirra.com/manual/124/system-conditions]System expression list[/url].[/p] [/p] yes the "is on mobile" can be detected by using the browser object however its not required unless u need a specific mobile device to be detected, for example u want to lock ur game to be played only on ipad4 or samsung galaxy S what ever... but i doubt u want that.[/p] [/p] care to mention that the browser object has mobile expression such as detecting if the mobile button back or the arrow that is inscriptioned on the devices as an arrow ( < >), same applies to menu buttons and others that can be found on most smartphones(outside iPhone which has only 1 button i think.)[/p] [/p] i suggest either read the manual, or if that makes u confused, go trough the entire example files C2 comes with... you will learn faster that way the basics.

• Yes, you are right. The browser object's platform expression returns the OS it's running on. My mistake.

• Yes, you are right. The browser object's platform expression returns the OS it's running on. My mistake.

oh no, i was asking the OP not you dear friend, but i was thinking someone told him that, then read it again, and i see the confusion, however the question i did, sounded a bit high-demanding sorry for that. you where right also though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)