How to create APK Expansion file?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I just had a successful test !!!!!

My 145Mb game downloaded from google play, installed and launched

I guess that Intel will officially publish the plugin soon.

delaflaquita - for now, completing the process requires manual editing of intelxdk.config.additions.xml with some app data from your google play developer console, but this is not too complicated.

• I can't wait to play with this. More than just allowing us to exceed the 50MB limit, it makes it easier to deploy updates: put your "static" assets like music and base sprites into the secondary APK, and only ever update the primary APK (which will contain your event scripts and new/changed assets) as you expand your game or fix bugs and whatnot. Saves users download time/data as well, which is still a concern on mobile for many people.

GeometriX - At it's current state, plugin works only with the Images folder, not with the Media folder

• Darn, Intel just updated their XDK software and I see nothing about this. I'll have patience for the future.

• I've asked Intel to support it automatically in Crosswalk. I'll nudge them and see what the progress is.

Any updates from Intel on this? Thanks.

• Darn, Intel just updated their XDK software and I see nothing about this. I'll have patience for the future.

This has nothing to do with your installed xdk software, it is server-side business that are quite complicated.

No news about the official release, sorry.

• Any updates?

• any know how to put file over 50 mb?

delaflaquita - for now, completing the process requires manual editing of intelxdk.config.additions.xml with some app data from your google play developer console, but this is not too complicated.

Interesting, would you like to tell us how to do this?

It would be a big news to community when we can make apk expansion.

• Hi,

Intel does actually have a plugin for XAPKReader which should work for APK Expansion. https://www.npmjs.com/package/com.intel.xapkreader.

Can someone please tell how to use it?

Thanks,

Aditya Khant (akkthedev)

EDIT: I found out how to do it. If it works, will make a tutorial out of it / post it in this forum.

P.S. Anyone want to beta test? if yes provide your gmail ids....

• Anything new on this? Need it so badly!

• aw the link from https://www.npmjs.com/package/com.intel.xapkreader its good, however ... how does it even work? where do you upload the new expansion pack? wold it automatically download the pack if u change the app or how? dont see the correlation between the download and hosted package ...

• In case you didn't know, the APK size limit has been increased to 100 MB several days ago. Hopefully, it will make our lives a little easier.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Any news for this? I am tired of waiting...

I need to know what you know. Can you explain how you did this? It would make for a useful tutorial.

• Ashley - are you going to cover this problem in c3 maybe?

can you at least provide something for us who still use c2 how to make games with more then 100mb for mobile?

some here say that they've done it, but noone really has.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)