How is Physics Performance on iPhones and iPads?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi guys,

Quick question: For those of you with experience, how is C2's physics performance on the iPhone and iPads? This is for C2 games with the Physics behavior enabled. Would be great if you can tell both your experience (was it good or bad?) and the device/OS you used it on.

Basically I have the Personal license but am thinking of upgrading to the business license to build our iphone games, but am not sure about the performance level. We do not have an iOS device to test it on..yet.

thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have an iPad 2 and my game has around 40-50 physics objetcs in the screen flying around and it runs great 60fps

• The first thing to consider is the capacity and performance of the devices. As you say, the target devices will be the following:

• IPhone 4>
    • IPad 2>
    • IOS 6>

These devices are capable of running a brutal number of objects with physical behaviors. First by hardware factor and secondly by the OS.

Now think, with C2 you will create the game environment (easy and fast). You'll export it as HTML5 and then using a service like PhoneGap or CocoonJS .... you'll need to transform the result into a compiled native code.

In this process, the objects will be recompiled using their frameworks and extensions (totaly compatible with review process of stores). The web environment will be converted into a native WebGL or Canvas environment.

Therefore, you can get the same performance you've seen in other games running on those devices with these OS.

As already mentioned, get 60FPS in these conditions is entirely feasible

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)