Host games

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • How about mediafire.com

I like how they remember you next time you visit there mediafire again.

Your upload files will be get into one page.

• Well mediafire will make you download a file.

Hosting a C2 game requires to give access to the media files and several .JS files.

Putting all your project on dropbox and giving the public link to the html file allows you to play directly the game. Mediafire propose no such service.

Moreover, for a little file, like a capx, you have to go to a mediafire page and click a download link.

With dropbox, you simply give a link and it directly downloads the file with no further clicks or page loading.

So for hosting games DropBox > Mediafire.

For hosting capx DropBox > Mediafire.

• Ashley, link to the project. Sorry I thought I did. =

The first three songs are the ones that work, the ones that have names. Click the play button and it will change to stop button, click again and it will change back to play, click yet again and nothing will happen.

Number on top corner is the variable that makes button change states.

• How about mediafire.com

I really hate mediafire, please don't use it. They throw loads of adverts at you and make you wait for the download. Dropbox don't show any adverts and you can download without waiting. So please use Dropbox instead, it's much better!

: I open the page and press Ctrl+Shift+J. First error listed is:

pplication Cache Error event: Invalid manifest mime type (text/plain) dsc.squareserve.org/Player/offline.appcache

So first of all your server is serving offline.appcache with the MIME type text/plain - it should be text/cache-manifest for the offline feature to work properly. However, it shouldn't affect the audio.

By poking around in c2runtime.js, it looks like one of your audio files is:

http://www.dsc.squareserve.org/Player/media/Goblins%20Marching%20in.ogg

This is a 404 so won't play (if I got the URL right). Have you set up the MIME types properly as I described in my last post?

• So first of all your server is serving offline.appcache with the MIME type text/plain - it should be text/cache-manifest for the offline feature to work properly. However, it shouldn't affect the audio.

Ashley, okay, I checked the MIME types and I cannot see text/cache anywhere. Here's a pic of it.

So I think I should add text/cache?

y poking around in c2runtime.js, it looks like one of your audio files is:

http://www.dsc.squareserve.org/Player/media/Goblins%20Marching%20in.ogg

This is a 404 so won't play (if I got the URL right). Have you set up the MIME types properly as I described in my last post?

This is odd indeed. The link you gave to the audio seems to be correct, but it does give a 404 error. However, I noticed that in my server, that link doesn ot have capitals, only lower case, and it does work [link]. About the ogg MIME type, I think it is correct?

• Ah, the OGG issue might be a C2 bug. I'll see if I can fix that for the next build. On the other hand, you should add the text/cache-manifest (note: not text/cache) MIME type for .appcache files. If you don't have the option to add a MIME type, contact your host and ask them to add it.

• Ashley, oh I see. I did add that MIME type just now, I am gonna try to see if it works at Dropbox. I just find it odd I haven't heard anybody with this problem, so just to be sure it is not my server, I will do that.

What about the other issue where the application behaves erratically? Also, today I found out that this same thing also happens while in the editor! Sometimes, the project will behave the same way as it does in my server, ogg won't play and it stops reading my events. All I do though, is close C2 and re-open it, and it goes away. You might be right about it being a bug.

• Browsers have really crap audio support at the moment - they tend to cut out or crash. I think it might just be the browser. Try keeping your browser up to date and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

• Ashley, well I'll be. The thing works on Dropbox..... I guess it's my server? I don't understand why. I am gonna have to to contact my server provider. *sigh*

• I'd wait until the next build. I fixed some issues with C2's export of audio files. If you still have trouble in the next build, and you're sure it's not browser bugs, maybe think about contacting your host.

• I'd wait until the next build. I fixed some issues with C2's export of audio files. If you still have trouble in the next build, and you're sure it's not browser bugs, maybe think about contacting your host.

Okay I got it. Any idea why it works on DB and not on my server?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe they have different case sensitivity rules. Not sure.

• Makes sense. I kindly thank you for yer time and help.

• well its an old thread, but I want to ask anyway, I have uploaded my game in my web server, the thing is, after I updated the game and reupload the whole thing, the new updated game is not there, I mean the link was there and working but it's not the newest update. If I tried it in localhost everything is updated. anyone know why? btw I have added the MIME for ogg mp4 and appcache, still no light...

• You have to clean the cache in Chrome. I think that if you press Ctrl + F5 you refresh the page and clean the cache.

If it doesn't work, try cleaning it manually. Or you could just spam the F5 key until it decides to update. I did that before learning that Ctrl + F5 trick.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)