Hey Guys i want to know.....

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • But the C2 games for Android or iOS will be save the progress in the game?? I read that AJAX is not supported is the game if it isn't in the phone browser :'(

• All I know is Web Storage still works in the EXE exporter because it's a HTML5 application wrapped up in a .EXE wrapper which also works like a browser just for that app.

I'm hoping/guessing that CocoonJS, PhoneGap and appMobi all work similarly, and if they do, then webstorage should store things locally in the app itself?

This is all just guessing, and wishful thinking.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge and experience in exporting games will know better.

• I'm hoping/guessing that CocoonJS, PhoneGap and appMobi all work similarly, and if they do, then webstorage should store things locally in the app itself?

You're guessing right.

• Knifegrinder, could you elaborate? Specifically, do you have knowledge relating to the data storage capacities of these tools across multiple platforms, and where that data may be stored?

• I want to know it too please :)

Are the save files stored in xml files? I'm just guessing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Webstorage manual data entry.

Webstorage uses some hard drive space specifically attributed by the browser. You can store data in it, automatically tied to the URL from where the game/app is played, and retrieve it.

I can't tell for sure, since I don't have access to a mobile device, but I guess the cocoonJS and appmobi wrappers do have the same system, tying it to the local application that is storing the datas.

Check also the how do I FAQ looking for the keyword "webstorage" to see different examples of how to use webstorage.

Whether your target is mobile or desktop the usage of the plugin should be the same.

• I have noticed that my level progress (webstorage) doesn't work with my cocoonjs. It's implemented correctly as it works fine with my browser. Not sure if there's anything I should be doing additionally to ensure it works.

• Knifegrinder, could you elaborate? Specifically, do you have knowledge relating to the data storage capacities of these tools across multiple platforms, and where that data may be stored?

I can just post my personal experience.

Webstorage object works correctly on my device (Android 2.3.6) with:

Phonegap (Webstorage data saved correctly, saved data keeped even on app updates)

Appmobi (Only software renderer tested, webstorage works but there's a loss of data on app updates using appmobi update service)

CocoonJS (Webstorage works fine on my device, updates seem to work correctly)

• Knifegrinder Good to hear, my theory should be at least half right then. May be malfunctioning on some devices though as FredQ reports the opposite result.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)