Has anyone ever used Lightserver?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Has anyone ever used Lightserver?

They have a fairly powerful looking free version that I might look into using for future real time games. My current game is sufficiently slow-paced to not need WebSockets, but in the future I want to build more powerful and higher performance multiplayer games.

newt ? R0J0hound ? lennaert ?

This StackOverflow post claims their server can support over 1 million concurrent TCP connections to a single AWS server.

• I would check out whatever your host offers, since it's a good bet it works there.

I don't consider Websockets fast enough for action type games regularly, but if you don't want the peer to peer from the Construct multiplayer, then it should get pretty close.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • newt

Websockets is fast enough for Fast action games take a scroll thru the games at http://iogames.space/ all of them utilize websockets

• The free version has 1 update per second per item.... way too slow for an action game.

You will require the presto or vivace license.

• I would check out whatever your host offers, since it's a good bet it works there.

I don't consider Websockets fast enough for action type games regularly, but if you don't want the peer to peer from the Construct multiplayer, then it should get pretty close.

If you keep your message size light, I would imagine it is. For my chat server, I am getting 10-30ms latency.

The free version has 1 update per second per item.... way too slow for an action game.

You will require the presto or vivace license.

Ah, sad days, I did not see that update limit.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)