Great HTML5 work

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Hey guys,

A colleague found this demo, and he says it is in HTML5. Is a great work. See by yourself.

Lights

• That is very impressive for HTML 5.

• wow nice, it seems to be made with tree.js a javascript 3d engine

http://mrdoob.github.com/three.js/

• I knew it was too good to be true...

• Yes, is Three.js like I see in the code

• Look what they say in github:

three.js

Javascript 3D Engine

The aim of the project is to create a lightweight 3D engine with a very low level of complexity � in other words, for dummies. The engine can render using <canvas>, <svg> and WebGL.

Contributors � Getting Started � API Reference

More? #three.js on irc.freenode.net

• I knew it was too good to be true...

What do you mean ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe he expected pure Canvas ? :D If WebGL becomes mainstream i hope we will be able to substitute canvas entirely. Or maybe Canvas could merge with WebGL and use it to render everything.

Just made me remember of Chrome Native Client. If it get's supported by all browsers in the future, then there'll be no need for canvas nor webgl anymore, making possible a unique(almost) codebase for Web, PC, and Mobile. That would be the perfect future :D

• he engine can render using <canvas>, <svg> and WebGL.

It runs in canvas. I still don't see the point there, sorry.

For Native Client, atm it is only supported in Chrome. The developpement team for mozilla for sure and Safari, or Opera (I can't remember the exact quote) are not really looking into adding it to their browser.

And it will require you to learn some language like c++, won't it ?

• he engine can render using <canvas>, <svg> and WebGL.

It runs in canvas. I still don't see the point there, sorry.

For Native Client, atm it is only supported in Chrome. The developpement team for mozilla for sure and Safari, or Opera (I can't remember the exact quote) are not really looking into adding it to their browser.

And it will require you to learn some language like c++, won't it ?

In regards to learning a new language, I think there's a good chunk of middleware that'll let you get away without a lot of c++ knowledge. I believe Unity has confirmed NaCl support in the future, for example.

• Canary: thank you for the info.

• vtrix Can we use this js. examples on construct 2 ? :)

• delgado: the problem with threes.js is that it creates a whole new context to use 3D stuff inside. And that isn't going to be accessible from Construct2 IDE. So you can develop a plugin to integrate three.js inside C2, but you are going to load javascript text file for it to make it useful, and everything related to it is going to be coded with the notepad, not C2.

• it's great ,all you can do with three.js!!

I was just looking for a way to make 3D in html5 !

Perfect!

Hope it's not too complicated...

A small tutorial :

fhtr.org/BasicsOfThreeJS

edit : I've found that... and it's impressive...   o_O

chromeexperiments.com

• i think every js/code is portable to construct, what a plugin does, is translate the javascriptcode into the construct eventsystem, so you can interact with the js code via the eventsheets, how much controll is up to the pluginmaker, but i think its doable to have a 3d engine controlled by events, but it would take alot of work to make it really usefull and beyond a fancy techdemo

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)