Google play is about to remove games built with Crosswalk 7

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • TiAm

Unfortunately my PM inbox is empty ! i didn't get your email address.

Here is mine:

ashraf egyptoon .net (without spaces)

and thanks for your help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • TiAm

Unfortunately my PM inbox is empty ! i didn't get your email address.

Here is mine:

ashraf egyptoon .net (without spaces)

and thanks for your help.

That's odd, must've disappeared into the system. Anyway, sent you an email.

• > It's probably a problem in your project. I recently compiled a project with Crosswalk 10 and worked right.

>

can you tell me exactly what settings you did in both C2 and intel XDK ? and you testing device model please.

Sorry for the delay.

My device is a Sony Xperia Z Ultra (SOL24, japanese model).

I recently published a game in Google Play using C2 and XDK with Crosswalk10: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... a3.chicken

In C2, I kept WebGL on and Sampling linear. My game don't use physics. Does your game use physics?

In XDK, Android-Crosswalk settings, Standard Cordova Plugins, I kept only Device plugin on. In Build Settings, Minimum Androd Version 14, Target Android Version 19, Signed on and Crosswalk Version 10.

Before the compilation, did you test your game with Wi-Fi preview or XDK preview?

• EstudioCelula3

I use no physics at all, i tested your game, movement becomes not smooth when it speeds up

I tested my game through wifi, much better than Crosswalk 10

• I use no physics at all, i tested your game, movement becomes not smooth when it speeds up

I tested my game through wifi, much better than Crosswalk 10

Yes, I also noted this "unsmoothness problem" in my tests (wi-fi preview, PC preview etc), but I can't to solve it. But if the game runned OK in your device, and my game was compiled with Crosswalk 10, then the problem is in your project.

Maybe this manual entry can to help you: https://www.scirra.com/manual/134/performance-tips

• EstudioCelula3

I know those tips very well and i tried everything, no hope.

crosswalk 7 is the king, Crosswalk 10 is a disaster.

thanks for your help.

• Well, I suggest you share your project to test it in other devices (I can to test in mine). If you want, please share your APK or CAPX.

• you sure you dident done something wrong with ur app? like stealing peoples info? else i don't see why Google will remove crosswalk.. unless u did that.

as you said in your message "Security alert

Your app is statically linking against a version of OpenSSL"

you need to repack the android with the latest crowalk to solve it, my last post was a brain fart , i think i was working for 25 hrs

• Yea, I'm a vampire.

seriously: the OpenSSL is related to Crosswalk version 7 I'm using for its great performance, You are using version 10 that affect performance too much.

it's not my fault.

• EstudioCelula3 Come on guys, you can't search forums? Crosswalk 10 crappy performance is a known issue that intel's guys are trying to fix here. And open SSL in crosswalk 7 is broken, not because it used to scam people, 10 pages thread about openssl issue, it is also a known issue, intel wants everybody to update their crosswalk builds, but crosswalk 10 has very poor performance on many devices, but they are working on it.

• Sisyphus

Thanks for your reply

can you please tell me when the fix can be available ? any workaround for now to save my game on google play store and get rid of this alert ? any update coming soon ?

• my game on Google store built with Crosswalk 7

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... propaganda

here is the same game version built with crosswalk 10

http://egyptoon.net/propaganda_xwalk10.apk

please check both versions for performance

• Sisyphus

Thanks for your reply

can you please tell me when the fix can be available ? any workaround for now to save my game on google play store and get rid of this alert ? any update coming soon ?

Relax, google will not remove your game right now, and i'm not sure that they got somekind of timer, i'm sure if they will want to remove it, they contact you with a last warning or something. There's no workaround or fix yet, and i don't know when this stuff will be fixed, or if it will be fixed at all.

• I tested both versions and both runned very well in my smartphone.

Then, it is not a Crosswalk problem, maybe a possible incompatibility with your device.

• I tested both versions and both runned very well in my smartphone.

Then, it is not a Crosswalk problem, maybe a possible incompatibility with your device.

Crosswalk 10 poor performance issue is already confirmed by intel team, they are informed and already working for a fix, i attached a link to the intel's investigation thread above.

Glad to hear that you don't experience any performance problems with cw10, i don't experience them too, but in intel xdk thread there's almost 30 pages of posts of other people about how poorly cw10 performs. Even if it's a simple device incompatibility, it means that cw10 is incompatible with too many devices.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)