go to next layer

• i can't find an event that makes me go to next layer not layout on pressing an object , any help ?

• i can't find an event that makes me go to next layer not layout on pressing an object , any help ?

First, make sure the layers are added,

then in an on object clicked event, add an event from the Z-ORDER section at the very bottom called "Move to layer"

• You should be able to move an object up and down between layers by using the action Itenimum1 mentioned, but instead of naming the exact layer, use an expression: Sprite.LayerNumber+1

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Itenimum1 glerikud : guys i don't know if you understood me right or not , i don't want to move the object itself , what i want to do is simply " an arrow sprite and when clicking on it it switch me to the next layer or the layer i choose , while the arrow remains in its place " . thanks for replaying

• All layers are in a way combined together in a layout. Layers themselves are just the Z order, depth. So changing layer on an object just changes it's depth, nothing else.

• You can set different layers invisible by default, and store the currently visible layer's number manually in a variable. Then by pressing the button you get the next layer's number, setting that layer to visible and updating your variable. The button for triggering all this should be at the top layer with parallax settings (0,0).

• semaso , what you are saying doesn't make much sense by it self.

What this "switch me to the next layer" should look like? What will it do, visually and functionally?? Have you changed the scale and/or parallax values of the layers? Or you just want a sprite to come in front/behind other sprites by your command (change the z-order of the sprite by pressing a button)?

What glerikud already told you however, is how you pick and, potentially, change something between layers.

• thanks guys eli0s glerikud its just steve

• So you want to hide layers? Or a set of objects on a layer?

• Itenimum1 non of them i just want to make a level system so when i press on a sprite like an arrow in a current layer it takes me to another layer " by order or by name " that is it , i only could find event that makes system takes me to another layout " by order and by name ". thanks in advance

• "when i press on a sprite like an arrow in a current layer it takes me to another layer", this still doesn't make any sense to me... How does this transition looks like? How does it work as a gameplay mechanic? Am I the only one that is confused by this?!?

If I rephrase your previous post, will it make more sense? "...i just want to make a level system so when i press on a sprite like an arrow in a current level it takes me to another level " by order or by name " that is it..."

If the level is what you want to change, then the "goto layout" action is what you want (unless you build your levels in a single layout but on different layers, then you'll have to hide all but the current level-layer )

• eli0s

late answer but i'v ust seen it

ur reply almost helped me and yes " (unless you build your levels in a single layout but on different layers, then you'll have to hide all but the current level-layer

• semaso , C2 layers are Z orders , what you are talking about is layouts. unles you have each layer as a level, and then you can show and activate dezactivate them, and just make layer visible and as glerikud said you just select the layers by addin +1 at end of them. since layers have also names assigned bu also a default numeric order. same applies to imagepoints.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)