Games that don't work on cocoonJs?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Could someone list possible problems as to why some html5 apps might not work with cocoonjs? Such as screen size, layout size, no third party plugins, examples such as that.

I'm having trouble running my game on cocoonJs as it keeps crashing when I try to run it, but I think its due to the layout size, and window size, so I'm looking for a troubleshooting guide or tips on the format your game has to be to run in landscape mode in CocoonJs.

• What device are you trying to run it on? A common cause of crashes is running out of memory from too many assets like images and sound being loaded at once.

• On the Sony Xperia x10, but I haven't had this kind of issue with a previous game I tested on cocoonJs, but then again it had less sprite objects. What would be a more efficient way to load images slowly? My game has a bunch of bullet sprites running at the start.

What device are you trying to run it on? A common cause of crashes is running out of memory from too many assets like images and sound being loaded at once.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A google search reveals that device only has either 256 or 384mb of ram, so that's not that much to work with when it's also being taken up by the os (keep in mind assets in memory are decompressed, so they're much, much larger). The only way to deal with it that I know of is to have less different objects (not instances) in a layout at once, or reduce the resolution of the textures.

• Even with that low amount of ram I was able to run much higher quality games, such as need for speed most wanted without much lag. And wouldn't 3D games take up much more memory? The game I have now is an endless runner with 2D art assets and a file size that is only 8mb (2mb comes from a soundtrack) with one layout (I haven't added a menu yet). I also haven't used any third party plugins or the physics behaviours, so I find it kinda odd that it would crash mid-way into the loading screen. I guess I'll try to limit the object count at the beginning

A google search reveals that device only has either 256 or 384mb of ram, so that's not that much to work with when it's also being taken up by the os (keep in mind assets in memory are decompressed, so they're much, much larger). The only way to deal with it that I know of is to have less different objects (not instances) in a layout at once, or reduce the resolution of the textures.

• For those who are wondering I do have the full paid version of C2, but its not on this account

• Those are native games and get more available access to ram. Also games from large companies run very rigid memory management to get the most out of the ram.

Where as C2 games are running with wrapper layer and a small browser later before it even reaches C2.

• Also just because it's 3D doesn't necessarily mean it'll take up more ram. 3D games use 2d textures and audio the same as 2D does, so 3D could actually use less. It all depends on the assets used.

And again, remember that assets in ram are decompressed, so an 8mb project is much larger when in ram.

• Oh I see thanks for the explanation. It did start to run once i removed some art assets but its a shame since I had to take out quite a bit of it..

Also just because it's 3D doesn't necessarily mean it'll take up more ram. 3D games use 2d textures and audio the same as 2D does, so 3D could actually use less. It all depends on the assets used.

And again, remember that assets in ram are decompressed, so an 8mb project is much larger when in ram.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)