Game pausing?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi.

I've been following a breakout tutorial and the game is working great but it keeps pausing for like 3-4 tenths of a second and the ball freezes in flight and the fps go to almost 0.

is this a bug or does someone know whats going on? its ruining the game which was starting to be really fun.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've seen this recently in my own tests, and - for me - it's been down to the destruction of Flash player by most browsers.

Make sure you don't have a tab open with a Flash advert on it (which means almost any advert, because a lot of them cycle content and occasionally still throw a Flash ad into the mix), while the browser is deciding that it doesn't want to play Flash any more, it pauses everything for a fraction of a second... very annoying. Seen in Chrome and IE11 on Windows 7 Home.

• What system / browser(s) are you testing on?

Have you tried disbling the addons?

Is there anything showing in the browser console?

Is it possible to upload a .capx here or provide a link so we can test it also?

• I've seen this recently in my own tests, and - for me - it's been down to the destruction of Flash player by most browsers.

Make sure you don't have a tab open with a Flash advert on it (which means almost any advert, because a lot of them cycle content and occasionally still throw a Flash ad into the mix), while the browser is deciding that it doesn't want to play Flash any more, it pauses everything for a fraction of a second... very annoying. Seen in Chrome and IE11 on Windows 7 Home.

I use an ad blocker to get rid of those vile things

• What system / browser(s) are you testing on?

Have you tried disbling the addons?

Is there anything showing in the browser console?

Is it possible to upload a .capx here or provide a link so we can test it also?

System: 6 core 3.6ghz CPU, 16gb ddr3 ram, GTX 770 2gb GPU, SSD hard drive.

Browser: Firefox

Do you mean browser addons? The only one I think I have is an ad blocker, I don't see how/why that's affecting it but I will try disabling it. As for browser console I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean

Well the game is the breakout tutorial from this site, I would upload the file if I knew how to do it. But I don't think I do. Sorry

• Do yet see any stuttering or jank when testing the in-built demos, such as the ghost shooter example?

For reference, I use firefox and the built-in ghost shooter rain example runs steadily at 60 fps, so I'd expect your system not to jank when testing.

• Do yet see any stuttering or jank when testing the in-built demos, such as the ghost shooter example?

For reference, I use firefox and the built-in ghost shooter rain example runs steadily at 60 fps, so I'd expect your system not to jank when testing.

Nope, that demo is butter smooth.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)