Game from C2 -heat phone up

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Game heat up phone (samsung OS - TIZEN). What could it be? Games with OS - TIZEN not heat up phone but game designer from C2 - heat it up.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have actually noticed the same thing happening with iOS-devices. Games made with C2 and CocoonJS tend to really heat the phone, I wonder what's up.

• Could be a goodpocket-warmer app for cold winters!

Just a zillion sprites all using physics and it´s melting your fist!^^

• HTML5 is 50% slower than native code, so your game requires more CPU power to keep it running smooth compared to native games, that leads to poorly design devices to get very hot as they aren't good for high loads.

• We found out - it's the video card, not the processor (2%-10% only)

• Mobiles don't have a video card. It's a SOC or System On Chip, with a CPU and GPU combined.

The fact still stands that HTML5 is less efficient so to get 60 fps requires more processing by the SOCs than native games, thus, they drain more power, releasing more heat.

• Silverforce, yes, you are rigth - grafic chip.

But debug shows 2-10% of processor work

• AND

another game app (html5) from SDK Tizen does not so overheating the phone

• Yeah we had the same issue. Samsung said they were looking into it.

• O! Hi, thehen, i have seen today your post ( known ava) about this issue.

Glad to see you here and get the information.

But what do you think about: I noticed that the examples from tizen sdk ( sensor ball) not so much heated up phone like games from Construct 2

• Shukra, you should compare the same game or very similar games from both Tizen SDK and C2 if you want to analyze further. Taking game A and B which differ greatly and trying to draw conclusions is difficult.

• Shukra, you should compare the same game or very similar games from both Tizen SDK and C2 if you want to analyze further. Taking game A and B which differ greatly and trying to draw conclusions is difficult.

Yes, you are right. They both are not very similar, even in grafic.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)