FPS Rate Problem on Fullscreen Mode

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create a game inspired by great arcade classics as Operation Wolf
  • Hi, Newly I've been using The full-screen option to make it Letterbox scale, on the PC the game look full screen (bigger) but with half FPS Rate equals to 30. So What is the problem???

• I hate someone who says like "There will be no big performance drop when scaling layout using WebGL", the problem is drawing the canvas, if is responsive fullscreen to big screen would cause fps drop.

On chrome browser, if you try to scale from big window to small window using mouse, it recovers 60 fps as charm, but it's too small.

After all, there no solution how to mantain 60 fps in fullscreen, Why? Did other games run like 60 fps in fullscreen?

Because the games have access to display resolution such as 1024 x 768, 1280 x 768, etc. they would help to keep fps as smooth, if we change to max resolution, it would cause fps drop.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In your Projects settings, next to "Fullscreen Scaling", you probably have it set to "High Quality", try setting it to Low Quality. When you try going into fullscreen, things will seem a bit more stretched but will keep the same FPS as when it was windowed

• PC specs?

On my ultrabook with Intel HD4000, I always get 30 fps cap regardless. I believe its the drivers for Intel.

On my work PC, its 60 fps always, rarely more than 20% CPU usage.

• In your Projects settings, next to "Fullscreen Scaling", you probably have it set to "High Quality", try setting it to Low Quality. When you try going into fullscreen, things will seem a bit more stretched but will keep the same FPS as when it was windowed

^this, also try to let the user being able to set it himself (there is a system action for that, set fullscreen scaling if I am correct)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)