Font not supported?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Surely outdated threads such as these should be closed now.

Not deleted - there is generally useful info inside - but closed to prohibit needless necro-posting.

Thoughts?

• I don't think you should close this topic, what if people who are browsing still need to ask a question on this very subject even if it is from 3+ years ago?

My fonts list in Construct 2 lists ALL FONTS I currently have on my computer. Why can't Construct show only the ones that are supported? I find myself going through hundreds, choosing one that looks fantastic only to find it's not supported. This goes on and on until I can find one that is actually supported. Is there a way to show only supported fonts?

• Ancha supported fonts depends on which ones the user installed on their computer/tablet/mobile/others, some being intalled by default (which depend on the OS or even a certain version of the OS perhaps?) so knowing in advance is not something that I think is doable (which is why people tends to go with either spritefonts or webfonts.)

• Just use webfonts, yeah. Basically, even if you DL the webfont and C2 says it's not supported, that's not actually true. Just use a 'placeholder' font in the editor, and load the webfont at runtime.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are there any Monospace fonts that are supported?

• Are there any Monospace fonts that are supported?

You have a list of fonts in properties when you edit text, maybe you can find something there, but be prepared that maybe some fonts wont look the same in all browsers.

I suggest you to use WebFonts, for example Google have wide variety of free fonts to use, and lots of Monospace, look here:

https://fonts.google.com/?category=Monospace

• Everything that I've tried so far in Properties -> Fonts causes Construct2 to tell me that "the font is not supported, for technical reasons."

So rather than looking for a needle in a haystack I'm looking for someone to tell me if they have had any luck with any of the fonts in the list.

• Everything that I've tried so far in Properties -> Fonts causes Construct2 to tell me that "the font is not supported, for technical reasons."

So rather than looking for a needle in a haystack I'm looking for someone to tell me if they have had any luck with any of the fonts in the list.

Where do you want to use it? In your game or as a display font for the editor?

• In game, I thought that'd be obvious.

• Then I'd recommend this tutorial:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/237/ho ... -web-fonts

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)