Fix Android First then put it in your Engine

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • I have been making a very very simple game for 2 months

I spent the first 2 weeks for making the game and the rest for exporting it for Android

It means I spent around 6 weeks just for exporting for android and yet I have not been able to export it without any problem.

Crosswalk and Cocoonjs make the game size so huge. my game is 600kb but after exporting it is 20mb.

It has so much lag, My game is simple but it has lag in Xperia Z1.

We can't use Google Play Service in our apps.

Custom Fonts don't work, I tested many ways but each of them have their own problems.

Admob Doesn't work.

"On Collision" event doesn't work properly specially in phones.

We can't use lots of features other developers use in their apps like sharing system. I have made one for my game but it isn't as good as others.

I asked my questions in the forum but nobody could give me a right respond, It means I'm not the only person who has these problems.

I think It is better to remove android support from the first page or at least mention that "The Android version is not complete and you could face lots of problems in development process."

• big size - it's matter of wrappers; CocoonJS gives smaller APK, Crosswalk much bigger;

Sprite Font works fine;

AdMob works fine (at least on my CocoonJS projects);

"On Collision" works fine;

and so on

so as Ashley would said it's better to report a bug if you really have some bad problems

in my opinion the most ugly issues are the Google Play e-mails received by some users, that they should update their apps because of some security reasons

• Admob doesn't work for Crosswalk

Sprites with high speed have problems in "On Collision"

and i don't like to use Sprite font in my app I want to use Text.

• Admob works great on crosswalk. Have you followed the instructions here?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/html5/articles/ads-for-crosswalk-and-construct-2

I also use webfonts in my project with no problems. Try this:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/237/how-to-use-your-own-web-fonts

• I exactly did what they said on that tutorial

but it doesn't work

• I can confirm that Admob does work with Crosswalk so there must be an error somewhere.

• Most of your issues arnt with Construct or they arent issues at all Ads works in crosswalk

also Do to how webgl works Spritefonts are better the fonts in performance and and ease of use.

if you are having issues ask for help plenty of us have successfully exported to all devices and have no problems and most of us are willing to help out with any problems

• Mobile games require a lot of fine tuning regardless of the specific engine we are using.

Anyway, I also confirm ads work in crosswalk and collision of fast moving sprites can a problem in any engine (you can find similar posts to yours on Unity or Cocos2D forums as well!)

You need to take care of those cases independently. For example, you can store the object's previous position and then, in the new frame, check if the line from previous to current position intersect with any other object.

• i can confirm that admob works great in crosswalk, have you set up the Third Party Plugins in the intel control panel?

• AdMob works for for me too (r183). However, I'm sure you know that the ads only appear when tested on a device or emulator (not XDKs emulator nor in C2 preview).

• Let's give the guy some credit and accept that exporting to mobile devices is a pain. It is possible and takes work, but it is, indeed, a pain. Specially when compared to how C2 makes it easy to make the game itself. Exporting to mobile devices it is a whole other story.

• Let's give the guy some credit and accept that exporting to mobile devices is a pain. It is possible and takes work, but it is, indeed, a pain. Specially when compared to how C2 makes it easy to make the game itself. Exporting to mobile devices it is a whole other story.

Completely agree. I said 'it works' (AdMob) but it 'aint pretty.

For me, the biggest hassle is having to test 'ads' on a physical device AFTER building in XDK. Then if its wrong, you have to make your edits in C2, export to XDK, upload your changes, download your new APK and on and on...I have used Eclipse in the past for android and its emulator shows you everything - Ads, different screen sizes etc.

I think somehow simplifying the Android / Mobile export would make C2 a lot more attractive to developers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Let's give the guy some credit and accept that exporting to mobile devices is a pain. It is possible and takes work, but it is, indeed, a pain. Specially when compared to how C2 makes it easy to make the game itself. Exporting to mobile devices it is a whole other story.

>

Completely agree. I said 'it works' (AdMob) but it 'aint pretty.

For me, the biggest hassle is having to test 'ads' on a physical device AFTER building/submitting in XDK. Then if its wrong, you have to make your edits in C2, export to XDK, upload your changes, download your new APK and on and on...I have used Eclipse in the past for android and its emulator shows you everything - Ads, different screen sizes etc.

I think somehow simplifying the Android / Mobile export would make C2 a lot more attractive to developers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)