Firefox Question

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi all,

I just wanted to ask, to anyone using Firefox, do you get a silky smooth framerate? In both IE and Chrome my C2 games run flawlessly but still FF seems to have a slight stutter.

Anyone else get this or is it just me? All drivers are up to date.

Thanks for reading.

• For me firefox is the browser with best performance.

• Yep, the last few updates from Firefox did it to me too. Games that play 60fps in Chrome, and IE only play at 20fps in Firefox now. I was tolled it is because I have a crappy graphics card, and that I should complain to my graphics driver vendor. So I did many times, and got no response go figure.

Anyway, I'm saving for a nice, new, and powerful PC.

• FF still has some stutters indeed, even if announcing a 60+ FPS rate.

It has improved and should keep improving until FF 15 (the version 15 is announced/expected as THE version for HTML5 games in mozilla's IRC channels).

It plays better on a modern computer in win7 and the stutterness has really reduced in past versions. Games are more than OK enough to play.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I get a constant 60 fps in FF but there is a slight stutter once in a while that I do not get in Chrome or IE.

The games run excellently but it is a minor annoyance.

• I use Firefox for everyday use, but for HTML5 applications it stutters every few seconds making it extremely annoying and not a much enjoyable experience. Lately I'm having this issues with Youtube videos too and frequent random crashes.

I don't know if it's related to the latest updates or if it's my computer, but Chrome on the other hand gives me smooth results for all uses. I'm deeply considering switching to it for my everyday use since Firefox is starting to bother me.

• I have also seen slight stuttering in Firefox. I think Firefox is more than fast enough, but it has problems with V-syncing. That's when it synchronises drawing with the monitor display rate, so perhaps there's a problem and it's missing every other V-sync or something like that. That would make it technically be achieving 60 fps, but only physically displaying 30 fps. Hopefully they'll fix that in a future release - both Chrome and IE9 seem perfect.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)