Files and sub folders request

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi Ashley

Is it possible to maintain the sub folder structure within the Files directory on the project. Specifically with CocoonJS exporting.

The example is with the Clay.io plugin, we need to manually copy the webview folder and its files into the exported zip. It would be great if I could add the files in the correct structure directly into the project.

Also, I'm not sure how case sensitive cocoon and C2 are, but when files are in that Files folder, they are all changed to lower case when exported, could they keep their casing?

This would be a great feature.

• This could break existing projects if we change it, so I'm not sure we can do it. All files should be exported to the root directory, so the best solution is for third party services to support all their files being in root.

• That makes sense, it would still be nice to have the option. This is the second scenario where a sub folder is required.

CocoonJS: fonts

Clay.io: webview

I'll just add it manually, doesn't hurt to ask right :)

• Fonts are automatically exported to the right folder in CocoonJS, I think it's just the odd third party plugin that would need this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi ASHLEY. I just found this thread because I've been trying to get fonts to work in CocoonJS on Android. I export to CocoonJS and the font (which I've imported under files) simply goes into the root of the zip. It doesn't place the font into a folder.

If I manually create a font folder in the zip and place the font into that folder, the font works on my game. Otherwise, it doesn't show up at all.

Is this a bug, or a limitation of C2, the export process, or CocoonJS?

• We changelogged about this in r117. We're working out some issues with Ludei.

• Aha. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)